These Ugly Sesame Shirts were a thing, apparently.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just...

Just...

These exist.

And I thought "Elmo loves the Bears" was bad. Yeah, I get that these are made out of recycled fabric and all, but...

Sigh...

How...how did these get by Sesame Workshop's licensing division? I can't even make a joke about bootlegs being better made. These are intentionally supposed to look awful. I can take whimsical stylization and all, but...someone was paid to make these.

Sigh.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'd say only the Abby shirt manages to look somewhat decent and on-model.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I guess the Ernie one looks OK besides the fact that he looks like he's smiling rather than smiling. Abby kind of looks like she has a unibrow.

Oh well, at least they still have those airbrush shirts with Cookie and Abby at the end of the page, those look fine.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Well they at least included Snuffy. So there's that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd say only the Abby shirt manages to look somewhat decent and on-model.
To be fair, The Count one isn't terrible either. The Cookie Monster one has some charm. You'd think SW would be a little more protective and shove the style guide and model sheets in their faces. On the plus side, at least they allowed one company to do its own thing.

Oh well, at least they still have those airbrush shirts with Cookie and Abby at the end of the page, those look fine.
I rather like those ones, actually. They're pretty cool, and they manage to have a personality to them while looking like the characters they're representing.

Well they at least included Snuffy. So there's that.
Snuffy? I thought it was brown Jabba the Hutt attempting to eat his own arm.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They look like those Muppet quilt patches.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Also I think The Super Grover isn't that compare to Zoe or Count.

Censored

Reaction score
They were just trying to give them a childlike style of art.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can give them credit for not being forced to stick to the rigid style guides that are absolute law when it comes to merchandising. It's the reason why the merchandise of any given franchise seem to have the same poses and expressions on them. I honestly can't chide these shirts for having a personality while deriding the practice of enforced style guide based merchandising.

Still, this is a big screw you to all those great fan artists that couldn't sell SW on these things because they're technically unsolicited works. I'm sure even trying to copy childlike whimsy, quite a few members her could have done a far superior job.