Theme Songs that Insult the Show

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Have you ever heard a theme song that actually made fun of the show albeit unintentionally? One for me is Super Why! It says "Adventure Waits When You're With Super Why!" That implies adventure won't happen, and the proper word would be "AWAITS!" Another is a boring machine show called Mighty Machines on Qubo. THe line actually says "You can watch them all day and never know why they're Mighty Machines!" Really? Has anybody else noticed theme lyrics like this...that misuse words in such an obvious manner?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Super Why is insulting period. I always caught the end segment where they sing some terrible song about spelling or vocabulary. I think the show is a perfectly good waste of a pretty good concept going the Dora route, but the music seems like it was written during a trip to that bathroom, and a short one at that. "Clever means to be a super smarty?" Did...did they just give the definition as a verb? And the rhyming song that has the robotic refrain of "Wonderiffic, you're Terrific?" Ugh. Barney's music wasn't that poorly written.

Also, I'm no fan of the show DinoSquad, but it has the most clunky, terribly written plot info dump ever put to music. Yes, cartoons routinely have theme songs that introduce all the characters and settings, but they make them catchy. But don't take my word for it...

Someone got paid to write that. Seriously... Someone... got PAID... to write that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
FAMILY GUY's theme song comes across as a show about trying to reinstate a sense of wholesomeness and values in today's entertainment, when the show itself is one of the most obscene and vulgar things there is on television today.

HEY, VERN! IT'S ERNEST has possible one of THE worst theme songs I have EVER heard: the scoring is terrible and will make your ears bleed, the lyrics are sung so fast and incomprehensively that it's impossible to sing along, it's just downright awful. One of the things that turns me off on this show, and I love Ernest.

Drtooth

Reaction score
American/English Anime Dub music...

Here's Time Bokan's terrible English equivalent...

The Awful Canadian Dragon Ball opening
To be fair, that's a remake of the French opening... but that horrid CGI that has nothing to do with Dragon Ball... ugh.

Here's Baby Felix... one of the worst theme songs I've ever heard (at least, lyrically speaking).

I can't find the theme separate, but this video contains a terrible theme song for Don Quixote, which adds an echo of a Chipmunk high sounding voice that's a borderline racist MEXICAN stereotype voice (we all know Don Quixote is Spanish, not Meican).

And there are countless others I don't want to find videos for. And yes... they're all worse than the One Piece Rap.