The "You know what?" thread

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Scotch pines are delicious, and Douglas Firs really do give you heartburn!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I have discovered something I have been searching for: flavored water that isn't carbonated! Thank you Gatorade for making Propel - finally, flavored water I can drink and enjoy.
Propel was a godsend for me back in '09. One time my diabetes had me seriously dehydrated (enough to spend five days in the hospital) and they made a sugar free version. Electrolytes, no sugar, and not too much sodium, helped me out so much.
Thank you Gatorade. If I ever become the coach of a winning football team, they can dump a cooler of Propel on me. 8)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be honest,

I just don't care for fruit water that much. I prefer drinking regular. Thank God the more I drank water the less I've wanted to drink soda now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Drtooth said it best a long time ago when he said that water isn't satisfying unless it's just blistering hot outside and you're dying of thirst . . . I can agree with that. I just can't drink water - no flavor, no taste, no satisfaction, nothing. As I said, I would try doing flavored water in years past, but they'd always be carbonated for whatever reason, and as you guys know, I can't tolerate carbonation: it stings my throat, upsets my stomach, and I just spew it right back out. Again, this is why milk and fruit juices are pretty much the only things I'd ever drink.

Interestingly, my milk intake has decreased as I've gotten older . . . used to, I'd drink it much like anyone else would drink a soda or something - I'd even order it with my meals in a restaurant, then have to listen to the same speech about how milk doesn't come with free refills and if I wanted refills, there'd be extra charges . . . but in recent years, I usually have milk on my cereal in the morning, maybe with supper at home, and sometimes at bedtime (unless I have to use a prescription, medicated toothpaste my dentist has me use) - I don't even order it in restaurants anymore; depending on the location, I might get fruit punch, lemonade, or a smoothe.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I was the same for a while, then I started drinking it again by the time I was 18.

Now I can drink it straight out of the carton. :big_grin:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Regular milk when I was little? Only if you had a gun pointed at my head. Put a little on my cereal, but I wouldn't drink a whole glass...

...unless it was CHOCOLATE, then I'm all in! 8)
I was the king of Nestle Quik, Hershey Syrup, Bosco, Yoo-Hoo, and Carnation chocolate malt. Good stuff!!

I haven't touched regular milk in ages. I use it more for cooking than anytrhing else. Plus I'd buy a quart or a half gallon, use a cup, and the rest would go bad.

Then I discovered Silk coconut milk, which has less sugar than regular milk,
easier to digest, and an infinitely longer shelf life.

Now, with coconut milk and sugar-free Nesquik, I got the best of everything. 8)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A few things about How the Grinch Stole Christmas (a few of which I mentioned in the "what's the deal with....?" thread today):

1. When Cindy Lou Who questions The Grinch stealing the Christmas tree, she doesn't seem to notice the rest of the room was empty.
2.The narrator says that the only food The Grinch left in the house was a crumb that was too small for a mouse... Right before the Grinch actually takes it from the mouse.
3. That crumb may have been too small for the mouse, but the mouse seems to be disappointed by it being taken away.
4. After Cindy Lou questions Santa, he gives her a glass of water and sends her to bed. So did he take the glass from the bag of stolen goods, or did he actually leave glasses behind?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I heartell that certain celebrities who are famous for the way they talk - like Gilbert Gottfried, for example - supposedly don't talk the same way in private as they do as part of their public personality . . . for example, I've heard rumors that Jon Lovitz's high-pitched, nasally, and somewhat effemininate way of talking is just something he does for the public and he doesn't actually talk that way in real life (or so I've heard). One person whose voice I really wonder is real or not is Harvey Fierstein - is that really his real voice, or one he just uses for a public personality?

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I blame Animusic for my love of electronic music. Why? Because this was always my favorite song from it when I was younger:
This was pretty much my introduction to the genre.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I dig electronica/techno/trip hop/nu jazz/whatever they want to call it - very different, very avant garde.