The "You know what?" thread

snichols1973

Reaction score
Weird Al Yankovic's "Al-TV" specials introduced the world to Harvey the Wonder Hamster, as well as the "Harvey the Wonder Hamster" song (not sure which one introduced the song... I've been watching some of the early ones on YouTube and the song wasn't featured). Alapalooza is the album that features the song. And Alapalooza is one of Weird Al's few albums to NOT get promoted with an AL-TV special.

One of my VHS tapes in my collection is "Alapalooza: The Videos", featuring the music videos for the "Jurassic Park" parody of MacArthur Park, "Bedrock Anthem" (a parody of the Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Under the Bridge" and "Give it Away"), and two original songs: a video with the "UHF" theme song, and "You Don't Love Me Any More".

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One of my VHS tapes in my collection is "Alapalooza: The Videos", featuring the music videos for the "Jurassic Park" parody of MacArthur Park, "Bedrock Anthem" (a parody of the Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Under the Bridge" and "Give it Away"), and two original songs: a video with the "UHF" theme song, and "You Don't Love Me Any More".

That was the first Weird Al product that I had gotten, followed a few weeks later by me getting Bad Hair Day: The Videos. It's interesting how there are two Weird Al VHS releases promoting his most recent albums, with only four music videos each, two of which came from the albums promoted (well until 2006 it was rare for any of his albums to have more than two music videos). I keep wondering why they didn't do that for his other albums, not counting Alpacolypse HD which had all 12 songs from his last album (10 of them were on the DVD packaged with the CD) and three from Straight Outta Lynnwood (the ones not on the DVD side of that CD).

But I guess if I really wanted to, I could have considered "Weird Al" Yankovic: The Videos to be like Alapalooza: The Videos and Bad Hair Day: The Videos. "Weird Al" Yankovic was the title of his first album, and that DVD does have the first two music videos, along with all his others up until 1996. But that really should just be considered a complete (at the time) release of his music videos, as opposed to a video release of his first album with all the other songs included as well. It doesn't have the same cover art and came out many years after his first album.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's a number of works of fiction where parents don't really believe in Santa Claus, even though they play along for the kids, and yet in these works of fiction, Santa is proven to be real. So how do the parents explain the extra presents which they didn't pay for?

Also, when Justin Bieber turned 18, the media seemed to make a big deal out of it (well, more like a small big deal). And yet, as far as I'm concerned, only underage girls like Justin Bieber. Bieber being 18 would be useless to them now.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The main family in Old Yeller was very poor. That's the reason the father had to leave for many months, to sell their cattle and make money. In fact they were so poor that until the beginning of the movie youngest son Arliss had never heard of money or the concept of buying things, and the only money oldest son Travis had ever seen was a confederate dollar bill. But watching the movie, they really don't seem that poor. At the beginning the father mentions that they are lucky for a poor family, with plenty of crops and plenty of wildlife to hunt, and really only need money. But if Old Yeller took place in modern times, with lots of technology, things to want, and a poor economy, would they even be able to live on a farm like that?

We don't even know if the father has a job. It seems the family keeps the crops for themselves, as opposed to selling food to others as well. And after selling the cattle, they finally make money, but how long can that money last? Are we to believe that they had enough cattle worth a high enough amount?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
At the end of The Aristocats, the owner of the cats has her will changed so that her lawyer would take care of the cats after her death. But her lawyer must be really old, probably older than her (TV Tropes says that he must be in his 200s). If he indeed outlives her, he probably wouldn't be alive to take care of the cats for too long.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When Batman was canceled, NBC almost picked up the show.

If NBC went through with picking up the show, then it wouldn't have been on the "same Bat channel".

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In Snow White, the seven dwarves sing "Heigh Ho" on the way home from work, but it has the line "it's off to work we go". Shouldn't it be "off from work we go"?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
No they don't. Not once to do they say 'its off to work we go.' They're sayings 'its home from work we go.'

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've seen Snow White but I seem to remember that later in the movie, when the dwarves go to work, they actually do sing "it's off to work we go". But in the actual song Heigh-Ho, the line doesn't appear at all; like Sarge said, it's "home from work we go".