The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well I certainly am glad that Rebel Wilson is oh-so-proud of herself for losing eight pounds in four days, because even I don't think eight pounds is an impressive achievement, and I would know.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
But, I can see something many can't, I will say again. CHINA. A looming Resource War, and it's just starting to pour the foundation to turmoil. The Government can't just pick up the Economy, speaking of China. Things are about to change for the worse in China, and the gov there thinks the Universe revolves around their country. I've been concerned more with China than anything else for a LONG time.
That, I definitely agree with you on.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well I certainly am glad that Rebel Wilson is oh-so-proud of herself for losing eight pounds in four days, because even I don't think eight pounds is an impressive achievement, and I would know.
Actually, for many people losing eight pounds is a huge accomplishment. Often times it's hard enough losing just one pound.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, for many people losing eight pounds is a huge accomplishment. Often times it's hard enough losing just one pound.
That's what I'm saying, I would know, I've struggled with weight for a vast majority of my life (sixteen years, as a matter of fact): eight pounds is nothing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even though THE VIEW and THE TALK are virtually the same show, I have recently figured out how to tell a difference between them: on THE VIEW, most of the women have annoying personalities; on THE TALK, most of the women have annoying voices.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It's amazing Sharon Osbourne can leave Ozzy alone long enough to host THE TALK.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
With today being Cinco de Mayo, I've been thinking a bit about Speedy Gonzales, and one thing has hit me.

Usually, when there's a special Looney Tunes marathon or a video release that tries to include all of the characters, the Oscar-winning short "Speedy Gonzales" is often the only Speedy Gonzales cartoon included. A brief clip is the only pressense Speedy had in The Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie, which showcased the best of Friz Freling (and I don't think there was any percieved controversy regarding the character back then, especially since he showed up in the following two Looney Tunes movies only a few years later). It's the one Speedy Gonzales cartoon featured in the VHS release A Salute to Friz Freling (but I guess it's understandable that only one Speedy cartoon appears on that release), it's the only Speedy Gonzales cartoon to appear on the first Looney Tunes: Golden Collection (as well as its Looney Tunes: Premiere Collection counterparte), during the era when Cartoon Network rarely showed Speedy Gonzales cartoons, this one was included in a handful of Looney Tunes marathons. I think there was one other Speedy Gonzales cartoon featured in the Mil-Looney-Um marathon in 1999 (both at very late-night, early-morning hours), and I know that a Speedy Gonzales was included in some kind of marathon CN did, I think it was a 2001 marathon that had several characters (including Speedy) competing for something, and fans could vote, and that cartoon was the only Speedy cartoon included (I can't remember if every character was represented with just one cartoon, though I'm sure the marathon included at least two Sylvester cartoons - if they were willing to include Speedy in that, then Tweety and Sylvester surely would have been included as well), and "Speedy Gonzales" was one of only two Speedy Gonzales cartoons included on the first Looney Tunes: Platinum Collection. It was the only one on disc 1 (and therefore the only one on the special single-disc release of the set), while "A Haunting We Will Go" was on disc 2, which featured the complete filmography of Witch Hazel (among other characters with limited filmographies).

And yet the few times Speedy Gonzales had his own spotlight video releases, "Speedy Gonzales" was not included, though there are good reasons for each exclusion. It wasn't in Speedy Gonzales' Fast Funnies from the Golden Jubilee collection, but it was in that series' A Salute to Friz Freling, and it seems like Warner Home Video wanted the Oscar-winning shorts to appear on the director videos (though the 1986 releases did repeat material from the Salute to Chuck Jones and Mel Blanc videos, but the Speedy one didn't come out in 1986). The international video release Bugs and Speedy didn't have the cartoon, but every cartoon in that video was new-to-video. And the cartoon was not included in the Speedy Gonzales disc in the fourth Golden Collection, but that's because, as I said previously, it was included in the first collection.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been thinking about the two Dinosaurs clip shows, as well as the fact that Dinosaurs was such an expensive show to produce, and suddenly I wonder if those clip shows were made as a way of saving money. After all, none of the Dinosaurs characters appeared in the linking footage, just live actors.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Probably. That's why the last episode of H.R. PUFNSTUF was a flashback/clip show, because they couldn't afford to complete another full episode.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That's the one thing about the Krofft's shows that drove me nuts. It would be nice to have some closure and know Jimmy and Freddie made it back home. We're left hanging with the Bugaloos too. Mark is stuck in Liddsville. Sigmund seems happy leaving his family behind.
At least the Marshalls made it back (even if they had to leave their camping gear behind).8)