The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss

CountFan1998

Reaction score
I am posting this, because didn't see a thread about this late-comer to the Henson legacy. In my opinion it was a hilarious Muppet twist on the classic Seuss stories.

Some people may view it as a horrible interpretation of Ted Giesel's work, maybe he wanted something better. The Muppets took Seuss's stories and gave them a modern twist, like the awful, in my opinion, Muppet OZ. Maybe it needed some improvements.

Besides, they didn't advertise it enough compared to, oh say, Sesame Street. They could've had a video game, (SNES N64, Playstation, or Genesis, take your pick.) fruit snacks, (I call dibs on the red Cat! Or maybe the green Yertle...) Even a theme park land before Sesame Street got to Busch Gardens (Although both lands in VA and FL seem to be doing well actually...).

Well, what do YOU think?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I've only seen a few episodes of this show but truth be told I don't think it's a bad show by any means. Of the post-Jim productions I actually think this show is one of the very best (that doesn't have any frogs, pigs, bears or whatevers that is). I love that the show has a distinct ensemble cast and even though it's never laugh-out-funny it has a strong charm to it. I'd try to track down Sony's DVD releases if you want to see more of this nice show, folks.

Dearth

Reaction score
I had to click on this thread when I saw the title...

My kids dug their Wubbulous DVD's out of the cabinet yesterday, and have been watching them for two days.

So, the Wubbulous World is playing on the TV behind me right now.

Dearth

CountFan1998

Reaction score
I actually have some of the DVD's, and 1 VHS, and I say Season 2 was more Seuss-like. Season 1 was full of modern references, like Horton becoming a rock star, and have a wise-cracking Cat didn't help :rolleyes:. The Cat was better in Season 2. He was wise and laid-back at times, spontanious at others, but still was the fun-loving Cat :smile:.

As for the video game, I say multi-platform, like Toy Story for SNES, Genesis and PC, and have it be either a platformer, like Super Mario Bros., or several Seuss-inspired mini games, like Bonkers for Genesis. You know, like Ring the Gack, from One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, etc. :smirk:

dwmckim

Reaction score
I actually hold a different opinion. I loved season one. But season two felt two pre-schoolerized. Season one seemed to have that classic quality to it that could be enjoyed by all ages and Bruce Lanoil's Cat had that slick quality that i associate with the Cat in the Hat. Season two wasn't bad and i might have liked it more if i saw it first but in comparison with the debut season, it felt like a chore to watch.

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Hmmm...
I grew up on Wubbulous World before I could actually read the books, so I always associated Marty's Cat with the Cat in the Hat. I think Season 2 is better, though Season 1 had more laughs. The only laughs you got from Season 2 were when The Cat crashed into the screen with that distincive BONK! When I was really little that made me giggle so much. Now that I watch the tape I had, the whole Snoset in the Closet bit in 'Cat in the Hat Takes a Nap' is just ROFL! Ok Snoset, I will close the closet. LOL!

GREAT SCOTT, MARTY! 1.21 GIGAWATTS! -Doc Brown
Am I weird, or is it you? Maybe it's you...