The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Drtooth

Reaction score
So far, I haven't heard of any really bad CGI films coming out this year. Not even DTV ones from Russia. Even Dreamworks only released one and shuttled off B.O.O, a finished movie by all means, to a purgatory release date.

Actually, what CGI films are there this year? Home, Spongebob (though it's only partial), Minions, Inside Out, Hotel Transylvania 2, and Good Dinosaur. Oh yeah. Strange Magic. The film that disappeared as quickly as it appeared. I still kinda want to see it. I hear if anything the music's good.

Luke kun

Reaction score
In MY movie (the Pokemon one), there is partial CGI in a number called "Takichuko" (for anyone who's wondering, that's a nonsense Japanese word that I made up). The dancers are animated this way. It'll feel like Studio Briquendo to you guys.

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
You guys are not gonna believe this!

Colin Slater (the director of Rapsittie Street Kids, if you don't know) actually posted the other project featured in his showreel on YouTube...

DINOSAUR ISLAND (2004)

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
But that Dinosaur Island. Really, ***?
I know, right?

Where do I even begin? An unoriginal concept, bland characters, CGI worse than the Money for Nothing video... and a waste of Mark Hamill's talent.

Note that Slater seemed to think he was going to make a big franchise out of this garbage.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
These celebrities are certainly desperate for a paycheck anymore. Heck, Cloris Leachman said that's the only reason she appeared in THE OOGIELOVES, and she wasn't even joking about it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
These celebrities are certainly desperate for a paycheck anymore. Heck, Cloris Leachman said that's the only reason she appeared in THE OOGIELOVES, and she wasn't even joking about it.
Not so much "these days" for Mark Hamil. That thing was done back in 2004 (looks worse than if it was made in 1984). These days Mark's retired from the role of The Joker (though he's coming out of it for a "The Killing Joke" animated adaption, can't wait for that), he's returning as Luke Skywalker for the new Star Wars films, and he's the voice of Skips and a few incidentals in Regular Show. I'm sure he's not that cheap lately.

I mean if it was the 80's when the Star Wars movies were finished and Mark was trying to find work, I'd understand the inclusion. But this was made in 2004, well after he found his niche as a voice actor. I recall "Believe in Santa" having a couple other surprisingly high profile voice actors. Maybe they did it as a personal favor, or as one YT commenter said, a ransom for their family?

Anyway I tried to watch Dino Island and couldn't get a minute in without flipping around for another minute and giving up. The description of the video swears it's an animatic. No crap. It swears that it's just a test. Filmed in "Puppetech?" DUDE! They could have used Howdy Doody style marionettes and they'd get more movement and emotion out of it. Toy Story was 10 years ago when this thing came out. Reboot as well, and that was a much lower budget. Shrek was only a couple years prior. How terrible is Wolf Tracer Studios for this to not even look as good as the Wild Woody cutscenes?

The studio was a tax dodge. I swear it was.

Luke kun

Reaction score
I know, right?

Where do I even begin? An unoriginal concept, bland characters, CGI worse than the Money for Nothing video... and a waste of Mark Hamill's talent.

Note that Slater seemed to think he was going to make a big franchise out of this garbage.
Remember the Scary NES Commercial? That CGI and that music video are on the same levels. I can see LFotC, BiS, DI, THoCC, and FF saying "YOU CANNOT BEAT US!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
That had the excuse of being from the 80's.

This has no excuse.

None.

And that commercial features animation a crapload of a lot better than Wolf Tracer's garbage.

And supposedly the guy who did these movies is a real butthat as well. No wonder he blocked comments. Thing has 7 "likes," and while I'm sure one or two of them are ironic, I'm sure he made his friends (or just came up with a dummy account) like it. Just awful, awful stuff.

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
And supposedly the guy who did these movies is a real butthat as well. No wonder he blocked comments. Thing has 7 "likes," and while I'm sure one or two of them are ironic, I'm sure he made his friends (or just came up with a dummy account) like it. Just awful, awful stuff.
Well, can't say I'm surprised. I bet this guy is another one of those people who takes criticism as a personal attack.

All things considered, he must think kids are morons with low standards if he put so little effort into actually animating or storytelling and thought that all of this garbage was presentable.