The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think the problem too was that it came out right after the Chipmunks were coming back into focus, and they seemed to make the characters basically like knocks of each of the Chipmunks, with one who was the mischevious trouble-making leader (like Alvin), a bespectacled nerd who was the smart and level-headed one (like Simon), and a silly fat one that loved to eat (like Theodore).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Any time you try to center a movie around a bunch of flies you're just asking to fail. Nobody wants to see a movie with anthropomorphic flies.
The film was made only to utilize 3-D. There was no reason for it to be made, and no matter how many Back to the Future references you shove into the film, there's no appeal.

Like I said, sure... it's nice for these smaller, independent companies to try and compete with the big boys... but they rarely have anything as good quality as the big boys. Then all you get is market over-saturation, and make the big boys look bad.

Eziwolf

Reaction score
The Little Panda Fighter is so hideous, my gosh...but also Ratatoing and all the rip offs they made. :embarrassed:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Like I said, sure... it's nice for these smaller, independent companies to try and compete with the big boys... but they rarely have anything as good quality as the big boys. Then all you get is market over-saturation, and make the big boys look bad.
To clarify, these smaller companies often copy the style of the big boys, but not the substance.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But then there are huge surprises.

I think Igor is one of the best third party CGI kid's films I've ever seen. Of course, I'm a sucker for morbid humor, and Steve Buschemi pulled off the indestructible and suicidal rabbit perfectly... and we even got a great performance from Jay Leno that really speaks to the fact he should give up talk show hosting and be a voice actor. Even managed to make one of my least favorite song pretty good.

MGM hasn't released an animated movie since.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I might've said this before, but there are some student films in CGI that are better than every Video Brinquedo film combined.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd say something about Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, but someone would flame me for it.

But you got to admit, the trailers are annoying, and the puns are so bad, they make Fozzie Bear and the entire world of Jay Ward characters blush uncomfortably. And they pretty much telegraph the jokes.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Here's another new movie coming out, this time from South Africa.

It looks like it will be chock full of the usual 3rd-party CGI kiddie film stuff, but at least the animation looks beautiful for a 3rd-party attempt.