The World of the Dark Crystal: The Collector's Edition

scarecroe

Reaction score
Wow, this is a book that I've seen the original printings of go for $300 on eBay. I'm sure glad I never slapped out that amount of cake, because it looks like 20 years later they're doing a Collector's Edition reissue...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0810945797/

Come to think of it, this was the 20 year anniversary of the release of the film, wasn't it? Seems with the new SuperBit DVD coming out next year and this book (both reissues), we're getting a belated party.

Now how about a reissue of "Of Muppets and Men" ?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great news Scott! It will be interesting to see if it is indeed the original book in it's entirety. The original book is 128 pages, this one is listed at 132.

scarecroe

Reaction score
I noticed that. I'm guessing that since it's going to be a Collector's Edition, they might have gotten people like Froud and Oz, or Gary Kurtz or something to add new introductions.

beaker

Reaction score
If you noticed, they reprinted The Art of the Muppets book at Muppetfest. Not sure if this new edition is still available.

This is great news Scott! Ive really wanted this book, but no way am I paying over $50! Also, those super bit dvds are nice(only seen the 5th element and Crouching Tiger ones myself)

Yeah, it is a bit of a belated annv...but think of this:

The 25th Annv didnt even really get into full swing this year, despite the fact technically it was last year that the annv marked.

Also, this was the 20th annv of Dark Crystal, yet the new special edition book and super bit dvd come out early next year.

So there may be some hope afterall for that FR 20th annv!

Btw, I really wish a company would finally make Dark Crystal(ie: SKEKSIS) figures next year. Maybe ther'll be an announcement at Toy Fare?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Art of the Muppets" was not re-printed. They had some left-over copies that had been in storage.

There was a discussion about this last month or so, when a couple cases of books were on eBay.

casira

Reaction score
Wow... the description of this on Amazon looks wonderful. Now I'm glad I hadn't paid out the nose for it on eBay....

On the other hand, I just bought a copy of "Of Muppets and Men" today for a similarly appalling amount of money. If THAT gets re-released anytime soon, I'll be kicking myself for months.... :wink:

---
http://www.livejournal.com/users/casira/

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by casira
Wow... the description of this on Amazon looks wonderful. Now I'm glad I hadn't paid out the nose for it on eBay....
Hey, sweet, I don't think there was a description there when I found it.
On the other hand, I just bought a copy of "Of Muppets and Men" today for a similarly appalling amount of money. If THAT gets re-released anytime soon, I'll be kicking myself for months....
That's okay, if there's ever a reasonably available reprint of Of Muppets and Men in the future, some of those photos would be great for framing and putting on your wall!

scarecroe

Reaction score
By the way, Amazon has taken 30% off this book for when it's released on May 1st. So you can now get a book that's been going for about $210.00 on eBay for $21.00!!

Barnes and Noble has taken 20% off the cover price.