The "White Dot" Skits

Katzi428

Reaction score
I didn't know they were so old either, until I saw a copy of Episode 1 for myself. Here's the order of the original "30 Dots" clips:

1 and 2. The dots appear normally, with the usual music and no strange behavior.

3. The last dot fails to appear, even when the final chord plays loudly a few times. Then the dot drifts in, moving through the pattern like a late arrival to a meeting. As it takes the last place, a quiet note sounds.

4. The last dot appears in its place (final chord and all) halfway through the pattern. It then moves away as if it knew about the mistake, returning only when the other dots have appeared.

5. Halfway through the pattern, the third dot turns red--and keeps turning red whenever the other dots try to back up and correct it. The others finally force the third dot to stay yellow by appearing in rapid-fire succession; the music sounds angry and insistent this time.

6. When the third dot turns red this time, the rest decide to turn red along with it: the whole pattern backs up, reappearing in red as each note sounds slowly and deliberately.

7. After two dots appear and vanish cautiously, the rapid-fire pattern and music from #5 are repeated. When the final chord sounds, though, the third dot turns red again--inspiring the last dot to drift over and give the nonconformist a "Bronx cheer". (The red dot stays red this time, of course!)
With #3 I can picture the dot saying,""Scuse me...pardon me...coming thru.":smile:
The nonconformist one is kind of funny.Stubborn dot!

ISNorden

Reaction score
With #3 I can picture the dot saying,""Scuse me...pardon me...coming thru.":smile:
The nonconformist one is kind of funny.Stubborn dot!
:big_grin: My unofficial titles for the dot clips in Episode 1:

1 and 2. Business as Usual
3. Where the Heck ARE You?
4. The Early Bird
5. The Nonconformist, Part 1
6. Red Is the New Yellow
7. The Nonconformist, Part 2

Katzi428

Reaction score
:big_grin: My unofficial titles for the dot clips in Episode 1:

1 and 2. Business as Usual
3. Where the Heck ARE You?
4. The Early Bird
5. The Nonconformist, Part 1
6. Red Is the New Yellow
7. The Nonconformist, Part 2
VERY clever!!:big_grin:

patybear

Reaction score
Oh man! I thought I was going to go crazy thinking I was the only one who remembers those dots! Nice to know I'm not alone after all!
patybear

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
Somebody made reference to a "dots" clip where one of the dots hit an iceberg? I believe they said it was in Ep. 355, which could only mean that it was part of the five minutes that Noggin removed from the episode. Does anyone know anything about it?

dinoboy

Reaction score
I remember those, and I laughed one time when one of the dots was red, and the white dot came to the red dot. Then you heard a raspberry sound as if the red dot is blowing his nose. I laughed at that.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Somebody made reference to a "dots" clip where one of the dots hit an iceberg? I believe they said it was in Ep. 355, which could only mean that it was part of the five minutes that Noggin removed from the episode. Does anyone know anything about it?
Whoever it was may have seen the "crumpled napkin" variant in #355 (Noggin kept that in) and thought the napkin was an iceberg.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Version #7 (the last one seen in Episode 1), where the last dot gives the red dot the raspberry("Bronx Cheer" to some) has always been my favorite. Very New York. Even the background is Yankee blue.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had know idea blowing a raspberry at someone was a New York thing.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yes. If you can't give them the finger, you give them a raspberry.