The 'what movie did you last watch thread'

Eyeball

Reaction score
Sorry. It's just ridiculous even that ludicrious Planes movie (I haven't seen either, but they can't be that good can they?) made more! It's stupid...I mean Disney's being soooooooo hypocritical. Take Kermit's speech from the Muppets
Kermit:I think kids are smarter and better than all this junk.
Then two years later:A Plane version of Cars, and then the next year a sequel to that movie that most likely stinks.
Well said!, it seems Disney are intent on pushing this planes crap on top of us yet when it came to mmw the best we got were subway promos, MMW never stood a chance against such favouritism (oh and your not alone at never having seen a planes movie, I haven't either as it just looked like a repackaged cars)

Eyeball

Reaction score
The last movie I saw in the movie theaters was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Although, 1 day ago, I watched The Muppet Show Live! on YouTube.
Oh how was tmnt, my brother wanted me to take him to see it, was it any good?

Drtooth

Reaction score
And it made more money than Muppets Most Wanted.
It made most of its money internationally. MMW was barely shown outside of the States and a brief run in England. Planes 2 only did better because it was released in more markets. Had MMW been in more markets, the film would have made much more. Simple as that. Technically, Planes 2 was a flop domestically, and yet because of that international bump, they're still going to shove it down everyone's throats. Not to mention it was made for DTV consumption anyway.

Oh how was tmnt, my brother wanted me to take him to see it, was it any good?

Ehhh... it's like watching half a pretty good movie, half a dull contagion conspiracy movie. It really should have been called "April O'Neil The Movie with special guest appearances by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles."

Eyeball

Reaction score
Ehhh... it's like watching half a pretty good movie, half a dull contagion conspiracy movie. It really should have been called "April O'Neil The Movie with special guest appearances by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles."
Thanks, don't think we'll bother then.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's not so much awful as it had potential and it wasn't fulfilled. Some of the problems came directly from pandering to the film's detractors, like making Oroku Saki Shredder yet keeping Eric Sacks in the film, giving him partially Shredder's and Baxter Stockman's scenes, pushing both of them to the side. Stockman was completely cut out of the movie. Shredder felt placed in.

Add to April being the center of the action and not portrayed by a very good actress, I was actually a little disappointed it wasn't as loud and blowy uppy as a Transformers movie. Could've actually helped. Not that there wasn't some actual good in the film. The turtles were actually quite good! Just not enough of them. But it's hardly the worst thing associated with the Turtles. I'm just hoping they learn their mistakes in time for the second movie. Have it focus on the Turtles, Splinter, and Shredder this time. And if you have to focus on a human, please make it Casey Jones. And don't make this the film to forgive Shea LeBeouf and cast Casey right.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
I caught some of Rio on the Disney Channel before a Star Wars Lego special. All I can say was meh. It certainly wasn't terrible... but remember that thread about how Frozen was overrated?

No.

RIO is overrated. VERY much overrated.
I liked rio when it came out, but every time i watch it i hate it a little more. So drtooth, since football is around, are you secretly a fan? It's ok if you aren't.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Turtles don't come in until a while.. Like Drtooth said.
It's not so much that they came in later, as much as they come in later, disappear and come back even later then... well... The Turtles should have been in more of their own movie. I'm actually wondering if giving it a shorter runtime than a Transformers movie was a good call or not. Cuz, at least in a Transformers movie, when the Transformers arrive, they stay in the picture. And the bloated runtime actually makes room for them, even though the humans still have too much darn focus.

But the second TMNT could be promising.

I liked rio when it came out, but every time i watch it i hate it a little more.
I don't think it's a bad movie, so much as a meh film. I did miss the beginning, so I must have lost something. But overall, it was okay, I guess. Maybe stronger than some of their other movies, but not by much. Robots was more deserving of a sequel.