The Wander over Yonder Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
if Kim Possible was able to be picked up for one more season due to popular demand, I'm pretty sure that with enough support from many, many people, this show just might have a shot.
I dunno, Kim Possible was much more popular than Wander is. It's just like the merchandising. We hardly got any merchandise for this show because not enough people were watching, which I blame partially on Disney dumping all of their cartoons to a channel that's much less available than Disney Channel.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like XD in theory, but the fact that Disney didn't insist that it be as available as its main channel on cable packages, dooming it to be the obscure channel that only comes in the more expensive packages. Wander never got the audience it deserved mainly due to that inaccessibility. Look at what happened to Phineas and Ferb when it made the switch from Disney to XD. It got canned and then they stopped showering love all over it in time.

I did like how Disney at least had a block of XD shows on Friday nights to make them somewhat accessible, but then they came up with that horrid prank show and managed to give it a regular recurring spot on the network.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
ARGH, those stupid prank shows! This is like the third one, why do they keep making them if they never last more than one season?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Probably because they have that Nickelodeon like obliviousness to what kids actually like? You know...like how Nick keeps on making TV shows based on internet things that no one wanted or asked for. I'm absolutely elated that the "Kids react" series was only a pilot.

So far...

I hope...

But obviously "Stupid, Stupid Jump Scare Prank Show" is a cheaper show to produce than any of Disney's animates series, so that's probably a big reason.

C to the J

Reaction score
At least once during commercial break on Disney XD, I remember watching some moment at Disney World's Magic Kingdom (I think) in which various guests would walk up to this booth that gave them a choice between a snack of some kind and Wander's hat, which the guest would wear and then give said snack to somebody. And I think there was also a Cast Member who wore the hat and played a banjo while scatting to the theme song. And guess what. The guests who gathered around had a blast! Anyone know what I'm talking about? My efforts to find such a video have been unsuccessful.

C to the J

Reaction score
What's with the snubbing? Just because the show's been discontinued doesn't mean we should stop talking about it. And just because not everyone has access to Disney XD doesn't mean the show is doomed.

One of these days, it might be continued on Netflix (if Disney is interested), á la Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but the Clone Wars already had some rerun deal on Netflix, and the episodes that premiered exclusively there were pretty much already made, if not in the process of being finished before Disney cancelled it. After all, it was produced for a different network by a different company, and Disney wanted their own Star Wars cartoon series. I do not see Disney producing a show specifically for Netflix that has that level of animation as Wander does.

Though, on that subject, I really think Doraemon should get another shot as a Netflix dub.

C to the J

Reaction score

C to the J

Reaction score
Once again, my findings have been snubbed. They're still accessible if anyone's interested. Surely, I'm not the only one in the forum who discovered such things.

The unused clip in The Hole... Lotta Nuthin' may be a bit lengthy, but if it was shortened just a little, it surely would have backed up Wander's statement about finding ways to pass the time and show why he wanted to sit down.

And seeing as how I'm unable to make edits in my past posts, I'd like to take back my statement regarding Hater being able to find the secret planet via Wander's whereabouts - he relied on gravity wells and thermodynamics to find the planet.