The... -wait fer it-... "What made you laugh today?" Thread

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
OMG! I'm having the best conversation on tumblr ever! Granted, it's all role play, but still, this is the funniest thing all day...my dash is so cluttered with three of us arguing about music. Poor Johnny 13 (me) didn't know Black Sabbath broke up and Ember had to tell him while arguing in front of Dani...

If you didn't understand a word of that you are not a Danny Phantom fan and you do not role play on tumblr...

But still...chaos, man.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
How do you role-play on tumblr? Do you send each other messages or do you re-blog a particular post and add your bit each time?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
How do you role-play on tumblr? Do you send each other messages or do you re-blog a particular post and add your bit each time?
You can either send it through the other person's ask box or reblog. There are two kinds of rp blogs. Blogs that are just for asks where the character answers questions someone sends through the ask box, or one that does more formal roleplays by reblogging and through asks

Slackbot

Reaction score
While looking st my 2oo5 Fraggle calendar for reference on Wembley's shirt I noticed something freaky and hilarious. The final pic, December, shows the F5 floating around weightless. (I guess that's what's happening; there's no background to give it a sense of place, and if they were lying on the ground Mokey would be using Boober as a pillow.) Wembley is suspended on the right, and I realized that there's a mechanical brace thing right between his legs. It looks very, uh, not appropriate for a calendar. Part of it is even green. Looks like someone forgot to crop the photo, heh heh.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was reading this article today about these giant, flourescent, pink slugs that have been discovered in the mountains in Australia.

That's not the funny part... the funny part was the comment on said article, where some wiseguy wrote, "WALK FOR YOUR LIVES!!!"

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
My dad is baffled by the fact that so many young people my age utterly adore "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers. "I still remember seeing that on TV forty years ago!"

Hehe, to be fair, it's a fantastic song!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The DP dorks on tumblr. Seriously. I haven't been able to stop laughing/squeeing because of them.

I'm one of those dorks adding to it

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Haha! Apparently a study is suggestion the kids and teens are continually leaving Facebook (or, at the very least, using it considerably less and less), because parents and other adults keep using it, thus making it no longer "cool". :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

cjd874

Reaction score
Haha! Apparently a study is suggestion the kids and teens are continually leaving Facebook (or, at the very least, using it considerably less and less), because parents and other adults keep using it, thus making it no longer "cool". :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Similarly, I read an article in the NY Times about how vinyl records are making a comeback. The final quote is pretty funny and relates to what D'Snowth was saying.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/10/a...all&adxnnlx=1371790471-A3Gyrj13IZ4pAD4oVur0Og

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
There's so much irony in that last sentence...

But seriously, this is old news. I've been saying vinyl has been making a comeback for YEARS. Heck, I'd buy a record player if I could afford one. But that's because I just want one, not because listening to CDs is "uncool" now. Though it does bring me hope that the music industry will not hit all digital any time soon