The Time the Muppets Beat Time

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
True... Spotted him here in the "Online" section lately... Maybe he'll come back later... We hope.

DTF

Reaction score
The Count said:
Heh... Where to start...

Sesame Street references, Robin trying to find it and asking the man how to get there... And Pepe calling Sam a "big Bird".
Points there.

Uncle Deadly frightening the newspaper boy trying to be social.
Another point.

The start of the Spanish-American War... Just hope you guys checked your historical dates for that one...
I'm pretty sure that was right. The Giants would have been playing then, not the Ynakees, but that's okay because there was only one major league team in New York at that point. (American league formed in 1901, and theidn't have a New York team till 1903.) Just seeing a score with "New York" attached would make Dr. Teeth think the Yankees. And, besides, it fit in with all the other confusion the characters were having - French Revolution, Spanish versus Mexican American War, and so on. Wonderful job.

Funny, but I think the Count gave his age as...a pretty big number. So, while Sesame Street might not be there, the Count could be. I wonder if you can squeeze him into your story.

christyb

Reaction score
Wow, this is reallly good. I know that no progress can be made until Lisa gets back, buuuttt to keep it alive here's a little

*bump*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Now you know why Ryan has co-onwership over Lisa's stuff and her lines and pretty much almost everything else.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I'm really enjoying this story. There are a lot of members on MC that can write some superb time-traveling tales.:smile: I like how you two portray Clifford in this story; though I never really saw him and Skeeter as a couple, I enjoy how you make the chemistry between them work. And I also love how you guys make Scooter seem so over-protective (it makes me feel glad that I'm not that way towards my sister and her new boyfriend:big_grin:).

I'm also getting a good history lesson, each time the Muppets enter a new timeline.:wink:

I'm really impressed over how you write the dialogue for characters like Swedish Chef, Pepe, Rizzo, and Beaker. I could really learn a lot about how to do it as perfectly as it has been done in this story. If some of you read my most recent tales, I seem like I got the characteristics down; but I need improving on the dialogue.

Can't wait to read more.

Effralyo

Reaction score
"Well, I did have a nice dinner with that Effralyo girl from Russia the other night", Clifford said.
:lol: A-ha, and do you remember how you ate a blackberry pie slice and got all messed up in jam, Cliffik? :smile:
(Thankees to the author.)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*In Dr. Evil voice: Riiiiiiiight...
Do I expect you to friggin' post an update here? Come on, throw me a friggin' update.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
We'd be happy to, if there was an update to throw. But like Prawnie said, it's... Just a bump. <Shifty eyes>