The Storyteller

TheWhiteLion

Reaction score
The best for me is "The True Bride", because the main man...errrr...animal, the White Lion, is the star.

Daylight

Reaction score
I love 'The Soldier and Death' too. The Storyteller is one of the only shows I've watched that my mum loved too. She borrowed my dvd then let one of her friends borrow it who loved it and plans to buy her own copy. So I think I've done my part to spread the awareness of and love for the Storyteller around.

SarahFraggle

Reaction score
magical animals

My favorite was 'the true bride'. The white lion was so beautiful. And I loved the Gryffin in 'the luck child'. :flirt:

Since I got the DVD my sis always wants do see Sean Bean in 'the true bride' from LOTR. :smirk:

Show and Tell

Reaction score
I rented The Storyteller from Netflix and watched it last night for the first time. Not bad really considering it was the 80's I think when it was shot. I especially liked the storytellers dog.

Party_Animal

Reaction score
Puppet_Builder said:
I rented The Storyteller from Netflix and watched it last night for the first time. Not bad really considering it was the 80's I think when it was shot. I especially liked the storytellers dog.
1987 I think. The Storytellers dog is really funny. :big_grin:

leliebel

Reaction score
Party_Animal said:
1987 I think. The Storytellers dog is really funny. :big_grin:
especially in sapsorrow

I finally got to whatch all of them.

Sapsorrow is so dramatic and the heartless giant so sad. I don't know which one is my favourite now.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
The StoryTeller,thoughts.

Hiya.I found,awhile back,the book of the stories,The StoryTeller.Its a great book,very hard to find.

My favs of StoryTeller are:
1)Hans my Hedgehog(all time fav.) :cry:
2)True Bride
3)The Soldier & Death
4)The Luck Child
5)Sapsorrow

John Hurt was born to play the StoryTeller,that voice & persona.
I loved the opening to the show too. :flirt:

damaged

Reaction score
I had never heard of it until I stumbled across the DVD at Wal*Mart. Since it was a Henson movie and had two of my favorite actresses in it and just looked interesting, I bought it. The Three Ravens, Sapsorrow, and The Luck Child are my favorites.

Miranda Richardson rocked my socks off. :smile:

ohdarling

Reaction score
i have a few of the storyteller on vhs from when they aired. and hans my hedgehog always made me so sad i could never watch it. lol. but i love that show. :smile:

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
My favourite 'Storyteller' episode would either be the faerytale of Sapsorrow or Fearnot. Both are easily tied for first place.

My favourite 'Greek Myths' episode is also tied with that being the tale of Orpheus & Eurydice and Theseus & The Minotaur.

John Hurt and Michael Gambon were the best choices for the storytellers. John Hurt is the ideal Medieval European tale-weaver with the voice that conjurs up images and magick while Michael Gambon's can put you to the edge of your seat with suspense with just a little assistance from Rachel Porter's music skills.

Is anyone else really glad that Michael got the role of Dumbledore for the 'Harry Potter' series? I know I had my fingers crossed that he would get the part.

And does anyone else feel, like me, that all of the music from 'The Storyteller' and 'Greek Myths' is deserving of being put to a CD release?

~ Sylindebren