The Storyteller

Party_Animal

Reaction score
Favorite episode of The Storyteller

The Storyteller has been my favorite Jim Henson TV show since I saw it when my sister got the DVD. I wanted to know if anyone had a favorite eposide. Mine would have to be 'The True Bride' because I just think it's cool and interesting. Also one of my favorite actors, Sean Bean, is in it. :halo: Anybody else have a favorite? :smile:

jediX

Reaction score
'True Bride' was always my favorite Storyteller of the ones shown as part of The Jim Henson Hour -- I loved that lion and still do. I also like 'A Story Short'.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I like THE SOLDIER AND DEATH and also I think my favourite is FEARNOT. You gotta love how NOTHING scares him!

"You know what this is at your throat?"
"I don't know, sir. A knife?"

I love it!

eric

Zelda Rose

Reaction score
Storyteller

Well, I'm sad to say that I only remember a one hour special of "The Storyteller". I live in the South, and as much as I love being born and raised here, I hate to admit how backwards "we" still are in some of "our" thinking, so I'm guessing they only showed one episode because it was "Fantasy" and had elves and such in it and since that's not good Bible talk, well then it just wasn't "right".

Ok, sorry to get on my soapbox and offend people :embarrassed: .....

What I want to say is this, I only got to see one episode of it, but LOVED every second of it! My Dad recorded it for me, and I'm sad to say that the tape is so old that it's unwatchable now. I remember the hedgehog and how he turned back and forth from a man to the hedgehog. I thought the costume was just AMAZING.....I wanted a coat like that. (Hey, it was the 80's and I was a teen in high school.......whadda' ya' want? LOL!) I don't recall any episode names or much more than that..........but I'd give ANYTHING to see ALL of the Storyteller episodes! :excited:
I also remember the lion and thought he was SO beautiful! Wasn't it Brian Henson that was the lion?

leliebel

Reaction score
I just got the last dvd a couple of weeks ago (well, it's actually the first one, but it was constantly sold out so for me it's the last). But I haven't been able to watch it due to circumstances. I only want to watch it when there's nobady home and there is not a chance of me being disturbed in the middle of an episode. :big_grin:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
My wife and I watched all of the episodes on DVD last fall--I always loved them, and she had never seen them. For Valentine's Day, she picked up the Greek Myth episodes for me on VHS--I've never seen these before (though I knew about them), so I'm really excited! We watched "Perseus and the Gorgon" last night, and I thought it was really cool.

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
"The Story Short" is probably one of my favorite Jim Henson creations.
It is so wonderfully put together, and it is definitly a tale I will never forget.

If you haven't seen this, GO BUY IT!

Didymus

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I especially like "Hans My Hedgehog" and "Fearnot"--the lovey-dovey-ness of them gets to me. Actually, I love them all!

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
I have a special spot in my heart for "Hans my Hedgehog"- I just think it's really sweet (and, hey, hans is pretty cute when he takes off his quills). Whenever someone asks me to tell them a story that's always the one I pick, it's a unique one that many haven't heard before and I've found that all ages seem to like it alot. :smile: