the song of the clous forest talk page

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Does anyone remember this special? I thought it was great but some parts scared me. One part is when Milton is hopping around and some panther head roars at him in the background and then there is one song that a bird performed by Jerry Nelson sings that put the icing on the cake. It was so scary! Does anyone have anything to say about this special? I was just curious to see what others thought about it. Does anyone know about any on-line video clips from it?

Thanks,
Maniacal Muppet:crazy:

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
okay.... uhhh.. does.. anyone... have anything.. to say? seriously just a few letters? Anyone?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Patience is the word, some people may have not gotten to read this yet.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Thanks Barry, but I thought maybe no one found it or something but it's been up for a while. Well... while i'm posting, does anyone have the lyrics to the songs ?

T

Twiddlebug

I remember that show. Sorry to say, I don't know where one could get a copy of it, because if I did I would have it "fer schure". I never thought about it before but yeah, some parts of that were a little scary. It was a robin that sang the song and I think it was a rap song. Was the song scary too? I didn't remember that.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds good. And I'm not aware of any video clips, but I do know that they definitely have it in its entirety at the Museum of Television and Radio in New York, if you can get there. Hope that helped somewhat.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Here to help.
1 Maybe you'd get more replies if you asked a moderator to fix the title of the thread, given that the special's title is "The Song of The Cloud Forest".
2 The robin character performed by Jerry Nelson was Ralph Robin.
3 The song you might be thinking of was the one with the Imaginary Uprights.
4 This special was the second half to the Jim Henson Hour's Episode 07, titled Health & Fitness. You might be able to contact KermiClown or MuppetDude to see if they have it in their video library and could make a copy of it for you.
5 If you head on over to the On The Web section of the forum, look for a thread titled "~Muppet Musique". There'll be a link that'll take you to the Muppet Musique's homepage... Look for the link to the Jim Henson Hour and you'll find almost every song from the main episodes and specials there for you to listen.
Hope this is what you're looking for, and have a good day.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Thanks Count, I have been to the Muppet Musique site and found Mp3's and I've learned more about this special from archive posts and from Muppet Wiki and on top of that I've seen most of it. I will definitely get this thread's title changed too.:smile: And also MeepBorkMeep, I live in Ny and that's where I saw it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I remember seeing Song of the Cloud Forest on TV years ago. At the time all the colors and stuff were very high tech! I guess I saw it on the Jim Henson Hour. But I remember not really knowing that the JHH was a TV show, I thought there were just an unusual number of Muppet specials that year!