The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Since I couldn't find any threads related to the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics, I decided to make one.

So far, the Opening Ceremony was really good by the way. :smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
It's great to know that the ceremony went on without a hitch in spite of the threat of terrorism. :smile:

Bridget

Reaction score
The opening was very colorful, and of course, "Russian-like". I really loved how brave the girl was to just "fly" across in the air like that. They had said that she had actually injured herself during a rehearsal! But that performance was simply, amazing!

Drtooth

Reaction score
And for those of us who don't like sports, absolutely everything on every other channel has to be a rerun for fears that they'll lose to the Olympics in the ratings.

YAY! :grouchy:

Anyway. What I saw of the opening ceremonies was pretty good, but I was half expecting Nu Pogodi to be referenced somehow. To be fair, that's like the only Russian pop culture I know of.

And yeah... I still think the British one was better. Had Mr. Bean and Eric Idle in it. That's tough to beat.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
A lot of people don't really seem to care about the Olympics because the USA is not doing too good.