The Rowdy Reviewer thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
Anyone else a fan of this guy? He's like the Nostalgia Critic of TV shows, as well as individual episodes of said shows. I especially like his Peanuts special reviews and TMNT retrospectives.

http://rowdyc.com/

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Anyone else a fan of this guy? He's like the Nostalgia Critic of TV shows, as well as individual episodes of said shows.
The Nostalgia Critic has reviewed TV shows. There's The Super Mario bros. Super Show, many Nickelodeon shows, Sailor Moon, Full House, Captain Planet, Saved by the Bell, and his "Raiders of the Story Arc" series has included Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, X-Men, and Duck Tales (and something else that I honestly can't remember.... Transformers, maybe?).

I've never heard of this reviewer but I'll have to check it out.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The Nostalgia Critic has reviewed TV shows. There's The Super Mario bros. Super Show, many Nickelodeon shows, Sailor Moon, Full House, Captain Planet, Saved by the Bell, and his "Raiders of the Story Arc" series has included Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, X-Men, and Duck Tales (and something else that I honestly can't remember.... Transformers, maybe?).

I've never heard of this reviewer but I'll have to check it out.
Well, I know that, but this guy specializes in TV.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well I watched his review of It's Flashbeagle Charlie Brown. I haven't seen that special in years and when I first saw it I didn't like it much, but now that I'm watching the footage and hearing the songs again, some of the songs are a lot better than I remembered. Most of the songs sung by the Peanuts characters don't seem too great (except for Lucy Says), but the songs that appear later on sound terriffic.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So far I've watched two episodes, and I don't think he's rowdy enough. It's still a good series, though.

I feel The Rowdy Reviewer is more like Linkara than The Nostalgia Critic, in both appearance and personality.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So far I've watched two episodes, and I don't think he's rowdy enough. It's still a good series, though.
In later episodes, his "rowdy" personality begins to shine through, especially when he gets enraged.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been watching his TMNT retrospective... Right now I've gotten through his thoughts on the first eight seasons of the original series. I plan to watch his review of the 2003 series, even though I barely watched that (I wonder if he'll do a review of the current series).

Every time I see a big retrospective on the original TMNT, it's great. A few years ago I saw a series of "Old vs New" about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (can't remember who uploaded it) and thought it was great. Then James Rolfe did his series of videos on the series and franchise, and that was even better. And now I'm seeing the Rowdy Reviewer's videos, which I think are also better (I think focusing on a single season or two helps make them great).

I already mentioned that I thought the Rowdy Reviewer was more like Linkara than The Nostalgia Critic, but I must say that these TMNT videos remind me of the way Linkara did his Power Rangers videos (except here we get to see the reviewer instead of just hear his voice-over).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I've watched all of the Peanuts reviews, and most of the TMNT reviews. The reviews of each season of the 2003 4Kids series has been more enjoyable than I thought.

I noticed in a few reviews of Peanuts specials he says that Charles Schultz didn't think much of the animated specials. Is there any truth to this? I thought Schultz did like the specials fairly well. After all, there were many specials. But The Rowdy Reviewer seems to speculate on this based on the fact that many of the specials adapt specific strips into animated form (I don't really see anything wrong with that). I know that The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show and many of the hour-long segments specials (and all specials after Schultz's death) were mostly comprised of animated versions of speciffic strips.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I noticed in a few reviews of Peanuts specials he says that Charles Schultz didn't think much of the animated specials. Is there any truth to this? I thought Schultz did like the specials fairly well. After all, there were many specials. But The Rowdy Reviewer seems to speculate on this based on the fact that many of the specials adapt specific strips into animated form (I don't really see anything wrong with that). I know that The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show and many of the hour-long segments specials (and all specials after Schultz's death) were mostly comprised of animated versions of speciffic strips.
I think he meant to say that he never considered them canon to his strips.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Well, Rowdy finally tackled Brickleberry, the show that's pretty much South Park with nothing clever or intriguing about it. I only saw the 1st episode myself before Rowdy looked at it, and I am not compelled to watch the rest of the show... which is now been renewed for a 3rd season. :boo:

Before that, he endured Allen Gregory and Ren & Stimpy: Adult Party Cartoon, both shows I also tried to like but were just too turned off by.