The Rosita Appreciation Thread!!!

BEAR

Reaction score
Rosita is one of my all time favorite Muppets today and is definitely my favorite "newer" character to Sesame Street. I wanted to create a thread dedicated to her, because I feel she needs to be discussed a little more.

I think that Rosita represents everything the Sesame Street Muppets are about. She is bright yet always curious, funny, fun loving, sweet, warm, and passionate. She is one of most giving characters always willing to give a helping hand or show someone she cares. And of course, she is always ready to give one of her famous signature Rosita hugs and kisses. She has such an amazing spirit that I feel is missing in a lot of the newer characters today and she just fits in perfectly on the street. She is also a great role model, not only for girls or Mexicans, but everybody!

Not only does Rosita have a wonderful personality, but she is also just one heck of a cool looking character!! Look at her. No other Muppet looks like she does. From her sweet fuzzy face down to those crazy wing things she has. What are those anyway? I know she was originally conceived to be a fruit bat (hence the wings) but then changed to a monster. Do we know why she was changed to a monster instead of a bat? And why did they keep the flaps? Anyway, I think they're cool.

She is just such a wonderful addition and I hope she stays around for a long time to come. Let me know what you all think, lets discuss! Good or "not so good" things are okay. What sketches or songs did you like?

We love you, Rosita!! *Besos*

DTF

Reaction score
Rosita's accent. You know, the sad part of about some of the street scenes nowadays is that they don't have a lot of meat to them. Some are quite good, but look like just slightly elongated skits for the most part. (Curly Bear hating porridge, for instance - I know some may not have liked it but I did, it was cute, funny, had an ironic twist, and had a good lesson, but I'll admit it was better off as a skit; indeed, developed 25 years ago it *might* have been used as a skit.)

Rosita's accent one was great, though - it felt like classic Sesame as a street scene. And, it left me wanting more. From the bits of comedy to the singing ("The pig is big and did a wiggly jig") to the moral, there was just so much to that one that said you could make it a bit longer w/parts over the whole show, have other stuff in between, and fit it into the 1970s and it wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb.

I just hope they do as good a job with "Mexico on Sesame Street." I wish they would have Elmo thinking about something Mexican, other skits dealing w/Mexico, and so on - it sounds like the kind of thing that should be spred out throughout the show. Alas, it probably won't be, though.

But, Rosita's stuff is written so it's more than just skits, generally,w hen she appears.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ooh, Rosita. She's very cool. She seems as if she has a bit of atitude, too! I love the colour of her fur.
**appreciates**

That Announcer

Reaction score
Rosita is my second favorite of the "new" SS gang (first is Telly, I love him!) She does have some depth to her that the other characters don't seem to have (except Telly, but you know that.) I also like the fact that she brings some culture to the show. I don't really like her a lot, but then again, she's not that bad.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Is Telly new? Cause I could swear I recognise him from when I was small...
HEEHEE, TA, your post count is 1337. **giggles**

That Announcer

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Is Telly new? Cause I could swear I recognise him from when I was small...
HEEHEE, TA, your post count is 1337. **giggles**
No longer is it 1337! Too bad really, I was never in the 1337 club at my school.

Well, Telly is pretty old really. But he wasn't brought in as a Huge Character until I was a kid, as far as I know. Elmo was the same way.

BEAR

Reaction score
DTF said:
Rosita's accent. You know, the sad part of about some of the street scenes nowadays is that they don't have a lot of meat to them. Some are quite good, but look like just slightly elongated skits for the most part. (Curly Bear hating porridge, for instance - I know some may not have liked it but I did, it was cute, funny, had an ironic twist, and had a good lesson, but I'll admit it was better off as a skit; indeed, developed 25 years ago it *might* have been used as a skit.)

Rosita's accent one was great, though - it felt like classic Sesame as a street scene. And, it left me wanting more. From the bits of comedy to the singing ("The pig is big and did a wiggly jig") to the moral, there was just so much to that one that said you could make it a bit longer w/parts over the whole show, have other stuff in between, and fit it into the 1970s and it wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb.

I just hope they do as good a job with "Mexico on Sesame Street." I wish they would have Elmo thinking about something Mexican, other skits dealing w/Mexico, and so on - it sounds like the kind of thing that should be spred out throughout the show. Alas, it probably won't be, though.

But, Rosita's stuff is written so it's more than just skits, generally,w hen she appears.
Sorry, but what is "Mexico on Sesame Street"?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ah, I see. Cause you like me would remember him. You moreso than me, if he's newer, but I definately recognise him.

... call me dorky, but I took a screenshot of your post count. :embarrassed: Do you want it, just to be cool? :smile:

That Announcer

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Ah, I see. Cause you like me would remember him. You moreso than me, if he's newer, but I definately recognise him.

... call me dorky, but I took a screenshot of your post count. :embarrassed: Do you want it, just to be cool? :smile:
Oh, yoobetcha! I'll PM you my email address here in a second.

BEAR

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
No longer is it 1337! Too bad really, I was never in the 1337 club at my school.

Well, Telly is pretty old really. But he wasn't brought in as a Huge Character until I was a kid, as far as I know. Elmo was the same way.

Telly has been around for about 25 years, so he isn't really new. He is being featured loads more these days though. Rosita has been around for abou 15 years, so I guess I shouldn't call her "new". I still feel she could use more exposure.