The Rock, Hair Metal, and Whatever Thread

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Hey guys! This is a thread where you can talk about rock music, hair metal, thrash metal, metal metal… and yanno, maybe the bands who make the music.

First topic: Has anyone gotten Black Sabbath's new 13 album? I got the exclusive Best Buy pack that comes with 4 bonus songs and a t-shirt. I personally think it is an AWESOME cd! If you haven't gotten it yet, and you like Black Sabbath, get it! It's the first studio album with Ozzy since 1978!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Suppose I should eventually give the new album a chance. I'm a big fan of Ozzy-era Black Sabbath, they really had a great tight sound, and tried a lot of different things while also sticking to their hard rock sound. The first two albums with Dio were good, the one with Ian Gillian was so-so, and I'm afraid to listen to anything they did after that since they had different sings pretty much every album. But I suppose having three-fourths of the original lineup is a good sign.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I had no idea they even put out a new album.

Eh...I'll listen to it online before I determine if its worthy :stick_out_tongue:

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I had no idea they even put out a new album.

Eh...I'll listen to it online before I determine if its worthy :stick_out_tongue:
Oh, it's great. The first three songs are the best, and then 2 others within the mix are good as well. I'd give it a 4/5 stars.

If you have Spotify they have it.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I have no idea what that is. Do you have to pay for it?

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
No, but you do need a Facebook account. Spotify is free on your computer, but if you wanted to put it on a mobile phone or something it costs money. But you can literally look up pretty much any band and they have almost every album from them.

DePingPong

Reaction score
Found this thread, and it's dead so bumping to revive it.

Anyone listen to Megadeth's Dystopia yet? I thought it was killer, Kiko and Chris and fine additions to Megadeth.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Retro-bumping this thread. One cool story when Ian Gillan was Black Sabbath's singer. They were about to start a tour, Gillan had a week to learn thirty songs. He couldn't remember lyrics, and in the days before Teleprompters, he had the lyrics spread out on notebooks along the edge of the stage.
Black Sabbath used a lot of dry ice in their shows to create this dense layer of fog. The fog drifted in and completely hid his notebooks, so Gillan spent his first gig lying on the floor trying to read his lyrics through the fog.
His newfound band mates wished they had Ozzy back. 8)

Someone once said, in the early 70's, only three bands mattered: Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and Deep Purple. I'm inclined to agree.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
Well, a band that fits in these Genres I love is Metallica. My favorite songs by them are "Enter Sandman", "Master of Puppets", "Fade to Black", "Until it Sleeps", and "King Nothing".

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Found this thread, and it's dead so bumping to revive it.

Anyone listen to Megadeth's Dystopia yet? I thought it was killer, Kiko and Chris and fine additions to Megadeth.
I wasn't overly impressed with the title track when I first heard it, but Megadeth is my favorite metal band, and third over all, so I gave it another chance and actually realized why you should listen to the entire song before you pass judgement. :stick_out_tongue:

Still have to listen to the other songs, but "Dystopia" sounded good, so I bet the others will, too.