The RHLC!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Depends on the dorm size, I suppose. Sometimes you can choose your roommates, but for the most part the school tends to choose them for you.
Hmm good point, you had to work hard to get the roommate you want sometimes, so some of them might have ended up rooming with the humans at the dorm. Lol, one of my favorite parts of the movie is how the human students don't find the Muppets presents there at all strange,lol! Sometimes it's easier to chose roommates once you get in the upper grades, depending on the school's system. I could see Scooter rooming with Gonzo for some reason. Though, he probably wouldn't get any sleep at night! I could also easily see Scooter being the RA of his floor! Lol

I know, these debates are quite fun, and they keep the thread near the top of the page.
Hehe, exactly! :halo:

I played one of Richard's speeches last night for Mom. She loved it, thought he was a really good, heartfelt speaker.
Cool, I've been meaning to share it with a couple friends, it's so inspiring and makes me feel all warm and cuddly. Lol :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Scooter: Well, I am. An so's the Count. But the guy Count rooms with is prefering to not divulge his stance, he's gotta remain impartial cause he's the new guy on the MC mod squad. Guess we have a few things in common. But he's still entrenched with the Jerry Nelson camp and I'm stuck with Richard. At least we can peacibly agree to disagree and have some laughs at our own arguments sometimes.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well... To address your queries heralde...
1 You have to remember that all what happened in the movies is more or less an amalgamation of the Muppets' lives' back stories and the fictional scripts they agreed to portray in movie form.
Yeah I know, and that does make sense. It's just that I'd heard a different theory from someone before that interested me. It may not be canon (I'm not even sure canon exists at this point!) but I personally found it intriguing. That the Muppets became successful with TMS, and then were able to make their first film about how they met (TMM). The second movie they made was GMC, they do acknowledge at the beginning that's it's just a movie. But then after that, they decided they needed some further coaching in the world of acting and shows, and ended up going to college (TMM).

It does end up fitting nicely with Kermit and Piggy getting married at the end. I've always believed they got married there, or at least at some point. Piggy does call him "Hubby" at the 30th anniversary!

About the election, sounds all very complicated!

MuppetsNewsgirl said:
I played one of Richard's speeches last night for Mom. She loved it, thought he was a really good, heartfelt speaker.
I do ultimately think he was a great speaker, and that's saying a lot. Performing characters and public speaking are two very different skills. Not everyone can do both. I think most people would be too afraid of doing what he did, for fear of sounding corny or something. But sometimes you have to stop worrying and just go for it. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a good theory... But how do you fit in the second trilogy of movies?
And the "hubby" comment by Piggy... Come on, that was Piggy being Piggy. It caught Kermit off guard, but you know inwardly he's groaning over that little slip in much the same way he got angry over the fake stories she was planting in the gossip mags.

Oh well... Looks like ol' melonhead's gonna win despite our attempts. Good luck to Grover and have a good day everybodddeeeeeee!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Not listening! As far as I'm concerned, Kermit and Piggy got married! Hehe

Well no offence to anyone who's a big fan, I just see the 2nd trilogy as something completely different. That's just my pov. Of course, I suppose you could argue those are just fiction works they produced later on.

Darn, I wanted Grover to win this one!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
*just finished listening to Jim's audio memorial service*

I didnt' fully realize it was possible to sob and laugh at the same time.

I want to give someone a hug now!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I do ultimately think he was a great speaker, and that's saying a lot. Performing characters and public speaking are two very different skills. Not everyone can do both. I think most people would be too afraid of doing what he did, for fear of sounding corny or something. But sometimes you have to stop worrying and just go for it. :smile:
See also:

"I don't think I can do this..."
"Ah, shut up and go for it."

That's the message he delivered at the memorial, albeit with much gentler language and tone. And those speeches definitely show that Richard was an excellent public speaker; he's able to discuss all of those aspects of life and the Muppets, in a convincing way, before an audience of thousands.

I, on the other hand, am a lousy public speaker. I'd be up there stuttering and gulping my head off.

So it looks like Bunsen's going to win? Oh, well, best of luck to him. Politics kind of get to me these days.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I love the songs they do in the memorial. I can see them just messing up up there....XD

Especially "cottleston pie" at the high point, it took Frank a little bit to recover from that. XD And "wemblin' fool" it was so funny!

I think I'm going to do whatever it is that KermiClown needs to get the Memorial on DVD. I'd really love to have it, now that I've listened to the audio of it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, I keep cringing every time I hear "the 'greatest traction' everywhere will be Simon Smith and his Dancing Bear." Lol, Oh well, it's a lot of stress performing on stage!

I still need to hear the rest of the songs, hopefully I'll get around to it this weekend.

As far as public speaking, depends on the situation. Sometimes I'm terrified and so naturally mess it up, heh. Other times I surprise myself. It just takes practice. The more you do it, the easier it gets.