The RHLC!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, sometimes those speeches can be boring, but then others are really inspiring. And anyway, very few College grads get away with not having to hear speeches. It's just not a realistic option, lol.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Well... You say the blue sky patches and sunlight weren't seen until the handing of diplomas? Xcuse me, but by that point, wasn't it pretty much pointless of hoping for the threat of inclement weather to vanish? After all, the songs and speeches were done, diplomas started to be handed out. Unless you have songs and speeches after diploma handing that is. Course, mine was indoors, so I can't rully criticize the decision that much if it was being done outdoors.

Hope you had a great time Erin.
They changed the order for this ceremony, Ed. At the start, they announced that due to the threat of rain, they'd cut right to the diplomas, but if the sun came out, they'd do the rest of the program after the degree portion was done.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh OK... That clears that up then. Looks like I got ziffled some. Oh well, here's some hot chocolate to go with the chilled Good Time goomba soup you orderd.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
That's okay, Ed, and thanks for the hot chocolate. (takes a goodly swig)

With the class of '07 gone, that means we're the seniors now (holy cow). And I'm already daydreaming about what it's going to be like when it's our turn to walk, though it's still a year off.
Mom's offered to help me make a Muppet figure for me to wear on my mortarboard, since most students decorate their caps for the ceremony these days. I told her I'd like to have one of Scooter.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Rully? Hmmm, didn't go to my college graduation, it's a far too long process that takes up the entire day. Just filled out the paperwork and picked up my diploma and medal a year afterwards.
So people decorate their mortarboards? Would rully like for you to have a figure of Nora instead or both her and Scooter, but it's your decision. *Hugs to you Erin.
*Sighs a little at own Creator's Block indecision. Maybe a good night's sleep is whatI need, though I doubt it as my dreams don't rully help that much.

Take care guys and gals.
*Heads off back to the dorms.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Here's an amusing little anecdote from my life!

The other day (hehe a la Traveling Matt!), I needed to take a bus in the morning. The whole trip was pretty uncomfortable as it turned out. The seat was too far forward and I felt awkward the entire way there. Even worse there were people taking behind me the whole time, noisy and non-stop! (That's an alliteration there!)

Even worse, I was trying to watch my Fraggle S2 DVD, the Steve's Home Movie's section. It was literally impossible to hear anyone on the DVD with all that real-life bus chatter. Well, heh, that is except a certain RH, who could be very clearly heard saying, "What is really Rev and it's goin' around?" Lol, that made me feel a bit better. :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Yeah, I had the same problem with one of my roommates. I'd be at my computer, trying to do homework or watch a movie or listen to music, and my roommate and her buddies would be having a very loud, very personal conversation in the background. (sigh) But yeah, Richard's got a very hard-to-miss voice.

I've got a few friends in New York who are going to be walking as part of a team in the AIDS Walk next week, and I sent them a donation yesterday, along with a photo of Richard's quilt.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... You think they'll have it stiched into their unis or as some sort of banner for their team? Also, not sure if you watch the Daily Show Erin, but it seems that you and that angel of yours would fit fright in. Or maybe a version of the Daily Show with you and Richard would fit fright in at MC.
Jon Stewart: So we can't ask any Bush administration members questions before, during, or after an ongoing investigation?
Ron Wriggle: Yep. In fact why am I answering any questions now?

You think this is what Kermit has to go through everytime with Beauregard? Sheesh.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ok, hehe, I couldn't wait! I listened to Slyinde's clips from the Memorial Service this morning. And I have no idea where to begin! Maybe I'll have a better idea when everyone else starts commenting.

But let's see...Richard has a couple really long speeches, he was obviously introducing several of the different segments, and I feel like I got to know him a little better. It's actually pretty lucky that this was recorded, given the timing. I really liked what he had to say, especially about how much he enjoyed listening to birds sing. And how important it is to forgive.

That's all I have to say for now...except did anyone else feel guilty when he asked that no one take pictures or video? I felt like saying, "Er...sorry!" Lol

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Hmmm... You think they'll have it stiched into their unis or as some sort of banner for their team? Also, not sure if you watch the Daily Show Erin, but it seems that you and that angel of yours would fit fright in. Or maybe a version of the Daily Show with you and Richard would fit fright in at MC.
Jon Stewart: So we can't ask any Bush administration members questions before, during, or after an ongoing investigation?
Ron Wriggle: Yep. In fact why am I answering any questions now?

You think this is what Kermit has to go through everytime with Beauregard? Sheesh.
Hmm...I watch the Daily Show very occasionally, but I don't really get the connection. But I just heard from the team captain; she LOVED the quilt photo, and she thanked me for the donation. :smile:

I'll have to have a listen to Jim's memorial, especially Richard's speeches. I'm just wondering if I'll have to have a few tissues handy...and heralde, was it Richard himself who liked to listen to the birds sing, or was he referring to Jim? :sing: Just curious.