The Return of Futurama: Anyone Else Excited?

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Since I can't find any other thread on the subject, I thought I'd start one. :excited:

I was just wondering if anyone else here are Futurama fans who are excited for it's return on the 24th.

I am and I will literally be kicking myself to the next county and back if I forget about it.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I can't wait! I loved this show, and I still do! I think Dr. Zoidberg is funny.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I think my favorite character is Bender, just because he's such a bad role model. :crazy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just want to see someone post some sort of preview video that's real. I know they haggled to get the voice cast back, but I'm worried about the quality of animation and writing (if they didn't get any of the originals back yet).

It's such a shame that Fox will clearly not pick up the same option they had with Family Guy... that was, the episodes were originally going to air JUST on Adult Swim, but they ran the episodes anyway.

The bad thing is, where would they put it? FG is going to run at LEAST another 2 seasons, The Simpsons will die with the apocalypses (and probably not even several months after). That leaves Cleveland, which is okayed for another season (and isn't really that bad), and American Dad, which is far superior to the other 2 McFarline shows, but constantly having to watch it's butt. Given the fact that it would die any other night of the week besides Sunday, the only time slot it could have is the bad old 7:30 slot that kept getting preempted for sports by.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
There's a preview video up on the Comedy Central website (link on the way).

It has been said by (I believe by Executive Producer David X. Cohen) that the animation quality won't suffer just because of the cost saving measures, plus most of the stories that they're doing were thought of before the show got canceled the first time.

Just have a little faith and, if it's not as good, at least we still have the first run to entertain us.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
at comic con they said the voice casting issue was a ploy to get publicity but that the original cast was always first choice.....ive even heard the first new episode has something to do with that same idea as in the old bender meets the new one

Drtooth

Reaction score
at comic con they said the voice casting issue was a ploy to get publicity but that the original cast was always first choice.....
I still swear it was some ploy by Fox to argue them down to a lower salary. But hey, it didn't turn out to be true, and everything seems back to normal.

Still hate how it's on cable, though. I REALLY hope they have a decent movie player or something on their website.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't HAVE IT, maybe? I HATE that everything's on cable, and I can't afford the stupid thing. I mean, they made special allowances to have FG return to Fox (again, it was supposed to run ONLY on CN).