1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Rainbow Connection: Richard Hunt, Gay Muppeteer

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by davidmartiste, Jan 14, 2010.

1. davidmartiste Member

This looks like such a great zine and I had not seen this posted here yet. http://microcosmpublishing.com/catalog/zines/2858/

One of the Tough Pigs bloggers wrote this and I think it looks like a wonderful piece worth mentioning wherever Muppet fans may be found. If this has already been posted somewhere on MC, my apologies.

My copy is on order and, as a Muppet fan and Richard Hunt fan, I can't wait to get my hands on it. Would love to hear what other people who have read it think. ;)
  2. frogboy4 Inactive Member

It is a good Zine. I got the chance to meet author Jessica Max Stein when she toured San Francisco last year. It was a fantastic presentation. There's a thread about it somewhere around here, but it's nice to see it mentioned again. There's also an interview with Richard's mother on Tough Pigs' website.

;) :eek: :flirt:
    Happy reading!
  3. davidmartiste Member

I saw the interview. That's what made me think it was relatively new. Would love to have seen the presentation. I saw a mention of one in Chicago recently where she presented some Muppet footage as well. So upset I missed this in NY!

Anyway - cool article from Chicago on this: http://www.windycitymediagroup.com/gay/lesbian/news/ARTICLE.php?AID=24025
  4. davidmartiste Member

I just wanted to leave a little review in case anyone is considering purchasing the zine. It's totally worth it. The writing is enjoyable and a quick read. I had a couple hours each night over the weekend and devoured it in no time. Sprinkled throughout are small bio/essays on the women in Muppet history as well. Great observations about what Richard brought to the Muppets and how his influence shaped them. Some insight on Richard's last few years were very touching to read - the goodbye party at the "Muppet residence" in the upper West side of NYC stands out. Well researched and well written. Kudos to Max. I really hope this leads to the book that has been hinted at.
  5. miss kermie Well-Known Member

Richard Hunt was gay?

Sorry, I had to ask.
    Muppetboy09 likes this.
  6. Hubert Well-Known Member

7. miss kermie Well-Known Member

My mind was just blown.
  8. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I didn't think this was still new news Richard Hunt was gay. :/
  9. miss kermie Well-Known Member

Well, I didnt know that.
    I was never the first one to know things.
  10. Josefus New Member

Yes! I have and have read this zine as well, and I too found it very worthwhile. I learned a ton (including that Richard Hunt was gay! so hey, not everyone knows these things) and I found the recontextualization of rainbow connection to be simultaneously obvious, and something I had never considered. Definitely worth buying a copy.
  11. Slackbot Well-Known Member

I have a copy as well, and I recommend it. It deals honestly and respectfully with the subject matter.