The Pope Celebrates 25th Year Tomorrow

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I am not Roman Catholic, but Pope John Paul II is among the people in this world whom I esteem most highly. I think his wisdom and compassion have done amazing things during his time as Pope, and I think there's plenty of reason to celebrate tomorrow. I missed most of Good Morning America's coverage from the Vatican Monday and yesterday :frown: but I did manage to catch part of it. The were speaking with a Jewish American who conducts music for the Pope and is a close personal friend of his. One of John Paul II's greatest achievements has been improving relations between Catholics and Jews. It's clear he has great respect for them as a people and sorrow for the hardships they have faced throughout history. I just want to express my admiration for this man and the calming presence he has provided for so many years. It is hard to imagine finding a successor who can fill his shoes. It appears at the moment that, while he is frail, his mind is sound and his physical condition is stable. I pray for his health and well-being and for the Church to have the wisdom to choose the proper successor when the time comes.
Erin