The Polar Bear King

Davina

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has seen this, or even heard of it.. I found it by random happenstance while flipping thru the netflix collection.. was done in 1991. I just watched it yesterday. Not bad. Loose retelling of Beauty and the Beast with a bit of The True Bride and a few other things tossed in. Filmed in Norway with a Norwegian cast and crew but it seems Henson did the animatronics and a few other effects. All in all wasn't bad, though it looked terribly outdated and sadly the bear looked, well, a little too fake (but then, I'm in Alaska and maybe have seen too many bears...)
It was a cute little story. Great for the kids. I would watch it again, but don't think it's one I've got to track down and buy.. The copy I got might have been in need of cleaning (I hope that's the excuse anyway) as bits of it got jumpy once in a while and hurt my eyes to watch.. which was sad..
Was wondering if anyone else had seen it and what you thought about it, or if you haven't.. now you know about it :smile: