The Origins of Beau

Beauregard

Reaction score
Many of you will know that I have spent a great deal of my question time here at MC, trying to figure out where Beau came from and who he is. A few of you may have read my story "What's on the Other Side" in which I stumbled across the theory that he may have come from a land beyond the Rainbow.

However, I was recently corrected by Convincing John (MC member, not the Fraggle) who has the 'true' histroy of Beau. Enjoy:

"Bo, believe it or not, lives underground. An actual biography of him was given in one of the early Muppet Show books (an activity book if I remember right)...the title escapes me right now..."Fun and Games With the Muppets?"...

"Anyway, when Bo was interviewed, he couldn't remember who his parents were and the biography begins with him being three and hired on as a lumberjack. He liked to haul the trees up the hill to put them on the truck.

"Years passed, and as Bo was riding the bus one day, he couldn't remember where his stop was (to get home), so he rode to the end of the line.

"This is where he stumbled upon the Muppet Theater, where Kermit gave him a job. "Moving the scenery was easy, but sweeping took longer to learn." said the book.

"I remember this part of the interview well:

"After work, Bo goes home to his underground hole, where he pulls vegetables down from the ceiling for his supper.

"This might be behind the "mole" theory some people have. I know the bio of Bo is preceded by a black and white drawing of him with his mop and an anvil under his arm."

Now I happen to think this is the most amazing Beau-origin story I have ever read, or had theorized...it's truely beau-tiful.