The Office from BBC...HELP!!

shoopy

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this forum and need your help! Some friends and I have just watched the first episode of "The Office" (from BBC) (second season) and the episode starts with Ricky Gervais humming a Muppet tune (I think) and we cannot figure out what it is. It is not the muppet show theme song. The tune in question goes like "da da da da da na na na na na .... da ra da da ra da " (Like that was some help). All I can find on the net is that it is a muppet tune. But what? who hums it? what is it from??? please help me sleep tonight!!

Whatever

Reaction score
That sounds like it MIGHT be "Mahna Mahna" from the Juliet Prouse episode of the Muppet Show. Like you said, it's hard to tell from writing. Mahna Mahna goes, mahna mahna doo doo doo doo doo. mahna mahna doo doo doo doo mahna mahna doo doo doo doo doo doo dooo doo dooo doo doo doo. da da da da da na na na na na .... da ra da da ra da

Anyway, it might be that.

Beebers

Reaction score
And beautifully articulated, both of you, btw. lol lol.

*laughing*

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

shoopy

Reaction score
Thanks!!

Whatever said:
That sounds like it MIGHT be "Mahna Mahna" from the Juliet Prouse episode of the Muppet Show. Like you said, it's hard to tell from writing. Mahna Mahna goes, mahna mahna doo doo doo doo doo. mahna mahna doo doo doo doo mahna mahna doo doo doo doo doo doo dooo doo dooo doo doo doo. da da da da da na na na na na .... da ra da da ra da

Anyway, it might be that.
Oh my ...I think that is it...(who the heck is Juliet Prouse?)! is it a character that always sings that? My memory is so bad...I watched the muppet show all the time! It must have been on the show more than once for me to remember the tune. Any more clues??

Thanks again

Whatever

Reaction score
The characters who sing it only appear in that sketch except for cameo appearances. Mahna Mahna (that's his name) is pink with a shaggy green body and orange beard. He has empty black eyes like Floyd. :sing: The Snowths sing the doo doo doo's, they are pink aliens. The sketch was used more than once by Jim, including on the Ed Sullivan Show.

shoopy

Reaction score
audio mahna mahna link! thanks!!

You all rock! thank-you again. now I can sleep!! here is a link I found that allows you to hear it for a few seconds. Is it just me, or did this mahna mahna guy sort of just appear unexpectedly? anyway, you have been a great help!

Cheers

Chantalle

http://www.poppyfields.net/poppy/mahna.html

shoopy

Reaction score
Whole song link!!

shoopy said:
You all rock! thank-you again. now I can sleep!! here is a link I found that allows you to hear it for a few seconds. Is it just me, or did this mahna mahna guy sort of just appear unexpectedly? anyway, you have been a great help!

Cheers

Chantalle

http://www.poppyfields.net/poppy/mahna.html

here is a link with the WHOLE song. I have been humming this since I saw the Office episode. (great series btw...)

http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Sandbar/4317/mahna.htm