The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Anyshoe, I have to do a little bit of bragging here: one of our beloved former MC members has a small part in TGWTG's new radio drama, but for privacy reasons, I won't name the project, or reveal the identity of said member... you'll just have to figure that out for yerselfs. :stick_out_tongue:
You're so thoughtful.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm hearing more people saying that Doug's a donkey IRL like he is in his vids, but I still can't help but wonde if he's intentionally trying to stay in character whenever he does public appearances?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm hearing more people saying that Doug's a donkey IRL like he is in his vids, but I still can't help but wonde if he's intentionally trying to stay in character whenever he does public appearances?
You can't go by other people. You weren't there and you're not in their heads.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Nostalgia Critic reviewed Doug's 1st Movie today. Now I agree that the movie was bad. But it wasn't fun seeing the entire series get bashed so much on the review. The original version of Doug on Nickelodeon was brilliant. That movie version came from when the series went to Disney and got ruined. But the review today made it seem like the entire series had always been bad.

Don't get me wrong, I love Nostalgia Critic and everyone has the right to their opinion. It was just hard to watch this time because Doug was such a big part of my childhood :cry: (again, the Nickelodeon version, hehe).

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Admittedly, I did trick myself into liking Disney's Doug as a kid and went to go see this nonsense in theaters even if I don't remember the actual movie, I just remember there was a Donald Duck cartoon before the movie... but yeah, bear in mind Doug has a long history with being tortured thanks to that cartoon, so I'm used to his hatred of the thing.

Actually, I remember one summer at a local park around here, they showed Doug's 1st Movie outdoors and about halfway through the movie, it got really windy and the screen kept falling over as if to say that the gods didn't want us watching that stupid movie so he kept trying to make us put a stop to it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I;ll have to check that out for myself... personally, I kind of liked Doug's 1st Movie, and I too prefer the original Nick version over the Disney version of the show, so yeah, I'll have to take a look.

But actually heralde, it seems like a few people have been saying his reviews are really declining in quality recently... I've noticed that his real life brother has been getting more involved in the reviews as well, and I got to say, I know neither of them are professional actors or anything, but it seems like Rob emphasizes that moreso than Doug (Walker, not Funnie)... like have you guys seen the review of Stephen King's It? When Rob finds Doug had commited suicide, and left behind a note in his own blood reading "BALLOONS"? It's lke he went back and forth between TRYING to cry on cue and TRYING to actually laugh or something.

Speaking of which, Doug has seriously got an alcohol problem, but it's too funny! How many reviews has he snuck a bottle of Jack Daniels in for one reason or another? Like when he's drunk John Hughes, or when he does his Stephen King drinking game, or when he has to do a spit-take with his traditional three-pound watermelon and pitcher of sangria? XD

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
but yeah, bear in mind Doug has a long history with being tortured thanks to that cartoon, so I'm used to his hatred of the thing.
Oh yeah I mean I knew that and I totally understand how that can be, lol. But as soon as I realized he was actually going to review something Doug related I knew I was going to have difficulty watching it, lol.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But actually heralde, it seems like a few people have been saying his reviews are really declining in quality recently
Oh I'm not saying that. There's always people who say that with every review, heh, but I personally don't think he's declining at all. It's just that people like some reviews and not others.

When Rob finds Doug had commited suicide, and left behind a note in his own blood reading "BALLOONS"? It's lke he went back and forth between TRYING to cry on cue and TRYING to actually laugh or something.
Well they were trying to make fun of the way the wife had cried in the movie, lol.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
OK I just wanted to be fair and say this week I did enjoy Nostalgia Critic's review. I think "Ask me what it means! Ask me what it means!" has become my new favorite quote, lol.