The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So THAT'S why a friend of mine suddenly axed his "Nostalgia Teen" YT channel, you were already the Nostalgia Teen, lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There has been a preview online for the upcoming third anniversary special, which will be titled "Suburban Knights". I can't wait!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
:laugh:, I can't resist sharing this, it made me laugh...

So a friend of mine recently got to meet Doug Walker at, of all things, an anime convention, where he attended, I guess since it was in Milwaukie, which is pretty close to Chicago anyway... she said he's pretty much as big a donkey in person as he is as TGWTG/NC/Bum/etc. :laugh:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
:laugh:, I can't resist sharing this, it made me laugh...

So a friend of mine recently got to meet Doug Walker at, of all things, an anime convention, where he attended, I guess since it was in Milwaukie, which is pretty close to Chicago anyway... she said he's pretty much as big a donkey in person as he is as TGWTG/NC/Bum/etc. :laugh:
Really? He seems like such a nice and funny guy in convention videos and interviews and out-of-character videos. Oh well, at least I know if I ever meet him I know what to expect.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Really? He seems like such a nice and funny guy in convention videos and interviews and out-of-character videos. Oh well, at least I know if I ever meet him I know what to expect.
He might very well be a nice guy. You would have to judge for yourself. Same with anyone you want to meet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet that he may actually be a rather nice guy when he's being himself (and I mean his REAL self), but that he puts on a "front" in public, because let's face it, he's a lot like those character comics like Pee-wee Herman, Larry the Cable Guy, etc, who assume these personas and pretty much use them, even in public appearances (there's a couple of funny clips on YouTube where Paul Reubens appeared on Letterman as Pee-wee), and we know what a donkey TGWTG can be, but that's the kind of character he chose to be.

I mean again, that's jsut my assumption, that he probably puts on an act for the public, but is probably a nice guy when he's himself.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Of course then again, I have no idea what my friend's idea of nice is... I mean, she's from the north, and she thinks just about everybody up there are a bunch of jerks... she's visited down south here before, and thinks that southerners are much friendlier and mannerly than northerns... but I have no idea who she's talking about, I don't see very many friendly people down here, unless they're old folks who are stuck in 50s values (like my parents, lol). So... I don't know, if she thinks southerners are "friendly", I'd hate to see what northerners are like... but Canadians are pretty darn friendly, that's for sure, lol.

But okay, aside from that... I STILL wanna see Nostalgia Critic review Pee-wee's Big Adventure, I would just love to see him rip that movie to shreds! That and The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking top my list of movies I'd like him toreview.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I want him to review "Project Geeker." I saw it on Hulu and it was just painful.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I still stand by what i said before, I love TGWTG, and i've been getting into some other reviewers at the site as well (one of them actually reviewed the muppet movie, for it's music, but still, and it was a POSTIVE review :big_grin: )
If he does another "Raiders of the Story Arch" though I think he should do it on another TDA series like Rescue Rangers or Darkwing Duck.