The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I gotta admit, I don't actually follow Nostalgia Critic, but apparently people think I did when I made This piece

it's basically just a voice actor joke...
Wait really? You weren't thinking of Nostalgia Critic? Not trying to be rude, but I'm surprised!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wait really? You weren't thinking of Nostalgia Critic? Not trying to be rude, but I'm surprised!
No... I was thinking of the internet meme on the whole. I usually find stuff through YT poops...

I think I stumbled on it through something like this

Of course, 90% of memes I find out about, I find out a year later.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
No... I was thinking of the internet meme on the whole. I usually find stuff through YT poops...

I think I stumbled on it through something like this

Of course, 90% of memes I find out about, I find out a year later.
Ahh ok. Well Nostalgia Critic made a big thing about the line "I was FROZEN today!" when he reviewed Suburban Commando. I think he was even able to get Christopher Lloyd to say the line for him at some event or something, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know I already posted this is the quote thread, but this deserves to be repeated for this thread...

NC: Okay, what are the Ten Commandments? 1. Thou shall not lie, 2. Thou shall not steal, 3. Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's wife, 4. TOM AND JERRY DON'T TALK!

From that particular review, I like how he points out how disturbing it was the way Dr. Applecheeks was approaching the ice cream cart, like he was going to rape it or something.

NC: Have you noticed the strange names in this movie? Dr. Applecheeks? Aunt Figg? Mr. Lickboot? These are sounding more like abstract fetishes!

Not to mention it's funny how he says Aunt Figg represents the Giant Purple People Eater, and that Dr. Applecheek's goons are like "Mexican Wrestler-Dog Catchers".

Now, as far as the Space Jam review is concerned, with NC's logic regarding how Lola Bunny was used to promote bestiality/zoophilia to children by making her a strange sex-symbol (complete with BUNNY BOOBIES), then basically, that suggests Lola is the very reason why so many people out there have fetishes regarding cartoon characters to this day.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well Nostalgia Critic reviewed Little Nemo this week! I have to say I love learning about these animated films with controversial pasts, such as this one and also Thief and the Cobbler. It's tragic how attempts at doing more mature and creative animation often encounter such difficulties. While bland animated films just keep getting churned out with no problem, heh.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Little Nemo was ehhhh... The original concepts were thrown out, the movie could have been so much better, it could have been a great film, but there was so much meddling... the writers all left. It was a bleeding mess is what. The original 10 minute pilot film far outshines the actual product.

Cobbler and the Theif was just a shame, but at LEAST the movie came out very good. Weird, but very good.

But hey, they've always been cranking out bad films. We just remember them in better light and like them.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Little Nemo was ehhhh... The original concepts were thrown out, the movie could have been so much better, it could have been a great film, but there was so much meddling... the writers all left.
The wierd thing is though, there are many other films that have had multiple directors and/or writers, yet ended up being classics. In fact, multiple directors and writers used to be the norm in Hollywood! So I guess part of Little Nemo's problem was just bad luck, but also the lack of any kind of ultimate consensus from the various creators.
Cobbler and the Theif was just a shame, but at LEAST the movie came out very good. Weird, but very good.
I remember seeing the promo for the "tampered with" version in 1993, I believe. I did first mistakenly think it was a rip off of Aladdin, lol. But even so, I was amazed at how weird and intricate the animation seemed. It was literally like nothing I'd ever seen before.

Having seen the Recobbled Cut recently (an attempt to remake the movie the way the creator originally intended), I'm even more blown away! It was a triumph of animation and years of effort (literally years!). And very gutsy to have the main characters silent for pretty much the whole film.

In comparison, the "Tampered with" version tried to shove in dialogue where it didn't belong and stick in songs that were just phoned in. There's some good parts too, I did like some of the voice acting, despite the awkward dialogue. But overall I appreciated the Recobbled Cut's attempt to appeal to a wider audience and challenge viewers to have a little patience and not expect noise every two minutes. And again, the animation was incredible and probably better than we deserved. :smile:

Tying it back to Nostalgia Critic, I can't watch Thief and the Cobbler now without thinking of that song, "Paranoia, paranoia, everybody's comin' to get me! Just say you never met me! I'm not sick, but I'm not well!" Lol

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Tying it back to Nostalgia Critic, I can't watch Thief and the Cobbler now without thinking of that song, "Paranoia, paranoia, everybody's comin' to get me! Just say you never met me! I'm not sick, but I'm not well!" Lol
OOOOOOOOH, did he go into the Mind **** again?

Anyshoe, I have to do a little bit of bragging here: one of our beloved former MC members has a small part in TGWTG's new radio drama, but for privacy reasons, I won't name the project, or reveal the identity of said member... you'll just have to figure that out for yerselfs. :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
OOOOOOOOH, did he go into the Mind **** again?
Oh yes, lol. If you haven't seen that review I'd recommend. :wink:

Anyshoe, I have to do a little bit of bragging here: one of our beloved former MC members has a small part in TGWTG's new radio drama, but for privacy reasons, I won't name the project, or reveal the identity of said member... you'll just have to figure that out for yerselfs. :stick_out_tongue:
Oooo, nice! I'll have to check that out!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The wierd thing is though, there are many other films that have had multiple directors and/or writers, yet ended up being classics. In fact, multiple directors and writers used to be the norm in Hollywood! So I guess part of Little Nemo's problem was just bad luck, but also the lack of any kind of ultimate consensus from the various creators.
Sometimes many producers, directors and writers work together to create something good. Other times, we get too many cooks spoiling the broth. Sometimes we get something even worse... people who get pulled off the script for someone else, and that someone else gets pulled off too...

That's why I have little or no faith in Gatchaman when and if it ever comes out.