The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I am not opposed to a more Deadpool-esque The Mask film reboot, I'm still annoyed that they had a perfectly good second act in the original comics they could have toned down and made more PG-13 friendly without having to use Jim Carrey. Look at the cartoon show. They had Walter in it and he was certainly part of The Mask Returns. The Mask could have very well been picked up by another person as was in that comic. It never just stuck with Stanley Ipkiss. Maybe in the animated series which was a far better sequel...and debatably better than the first movie. I actually prefer Rob Paulsen to Jim Carrey and The Mask is my favorite Jim Carrey film! The darn cartoon series managed to get a suicide bombing stripper in a freaking kid's show. There wasn't all that much they needed to tone down as a PG-13 flick if that was the case.

The fact the studio wanted to forced Jim Carrey into it was what delayed the project and left them with a terrible kid's movie about someone conceiving a child with the Mask on. So yeah. Adult content and trying to play to the kiddies. Sure, that's a pretty unsure audience they were going after.

But an R rated version could turn things more into a thriller movie than an action comedy. I could see someone making all those cartoony references and gags disturbing and frightening. Sort of a mix between what Jim did, Deadpool, and Freddy Krueger. There is potential I think in something like that, and I'd love to see what they could make from it.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Someone show NC a video of the baby from Junior holding a Bat Credit Card while the Doug theme plays at his next convection.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So one of the many insane little rituals and routines I have throughout the year is I like to binge-watch my favorite Nostalgia Critic episodes throughout the month of May, and today I was watching the crossover review he did with Nostaglia Chick on THE CHIPMUNK ADVENTURE . . . it was the first time I watched it since . . . well, the last time I watched it (which was a few years ago), and honestly? It was a lot less amusing and entertaining than I remember it being. Doug seemed like he just phoned it in the whole time, he wasn't his usual crazed and animated self, which made the whole review less fun (seriously, what makes the Critic so funny is the way he flies off the handle and screams like a banshee), and the Chick had a serious corpsing problem too. Yeah, I think I'll be skipping that one from now on.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Is it just me or is Channel Awesome uploading way more videos this week than usual.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Welp, as of a few days ago, i've officially watched every episode, I wish there was more.

Heck, check it out, Channel Awesome recently released a blooper reel from NC's FTB review:

I honestly wondered how many takes it took for him to get that mouthful right.
His Follow That Bird review is actually how I first found out about NC.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
My first NC video was his Barts Nightmare let's play. Which is still one of my guilty pleasures.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was watching Doug talk about how the characters came to be and I liked his mindset when dressing Nostalgia Critic as going for a professional look but then deciding to just give up halfway through (mainly because he hates dress shirts), whereas the Bum's wardrobe was literally things he pulled out of his closet at random (though the trench coat and jacket underneath are his grandfather's).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
NC finally reviewed the Rocky and Bullwinkle movie . . . kind of wished he did that back when the series was good and didn't rely on the inclusion of unnecessary additional cast members doing sketches throughout the review.