The Nicktoon Thread

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
A nice look at what the UK Nick viewers had back in the day. As an ASMR person, I find Mike McClean's Austin Powers-like host rather relaxing.

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So um, it looks like Sparky and Poof have disappeared from Fairly Odd Parents.
Sparky's VA confirmed he isn't returning, and it doesn't look like Poof has made any appearances this season, although i'm sure he'll return at some point. I guess the crew listens to the fans after all.

" The higher ups who make those decisions decided not to have Sparky back. I'm very sad about it. I'm glad you liked Sparky enough to ask! Thanks!"

Still, I think it's odd Poof hasn't been around much considering it's Cosmo and Wanda's son, but whatever. I honestly wouldn't be too upset if he chuck cunninghammed. And, well, Sparky was an extremely terrible and unnecessary character.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Sparky's VA confirmed he isn't returning, and it doesn't look like Poof has made any appearances this season, although i'm sure he'll return at some point. I guess the crew listens to the fans after all.

" The higher ups who make those decisions decided not to have Sparky back. I'm very sad about it. I'm glad you liked Sparky enough to ask! Thanks!"

Still, I think it's odd Poof hasn't been around much considering it's Cosmo and Wanda's son, but whatever. I honestly wouldn't be too upset if he chuck cunninghammed. And, well, Sparky was an extremely terrible and unnecessary character.
FOP is one of those shows that seriously should have ended a long time ago.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
FOP is one of those shows that seriously should have ended a long time ago.
Oh heck yeah. It's a great example of a cartoon that lasted too long and has almost ruined the older episodes because of it.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I guess Nickelodeon is good at making cartoons last too long, between SpongeBob, this show and Rugrats. But what I don't understand is why. FOP was never quite as popular as any of those shows, plus for the last seven or so years, they've hardly ever even show it any more. A bunch of people don't even know the show is still going, not even the target demographic who actually watch Nick. So what's even the point of continuing the show if very few people would notice if it just stopped airing?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I say FOP should have ended when the live action movies came out but, I feel that Spongebob is still good but, in small doses like every once in a while.

Drtooth

Reaction score

That really is a shame because I really liked that VA. Sparky was a stupid character, but I kinda liked some of the episodes about him. Luckily, at least the VA is still on the show. One of the Fair Bears, actually, and I hope to see them back because they were the only thing good about this new season.

Still...FOP should have been canned after that last live action movie, I agree. I know what they're trying to get with Chloe, and I don't think the show needed an entire season for a plot device that got tiresome one episode in. Even then, I'd forgive it if they showed these at all. What was the point in renewing the show if they weren't going to show all the episodes within months of each other anyway? The show didn't need this season, and it's not even on the line up anymore, what was the point of it?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Those live action movies... Blech! :stick_out_tongue:

Of the Nicktoons, one series that I could see working well in live-action form is Danny Phantom.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll give them this. Unlike the big Hollywood live action versions, at least they got the concept right. Though seeing that Daran Norris essentially looks like Timmy's Dad, his performances pretty much make these movies hundreds of times better than they could have been. And at least they cast someone who can do a decent Denzel Crocker impersonation. Theatrical, big name cartoon translations could only dream of casting that exact. Need I say Jason Lee's eagerness to not be there in the Chipmunks movies?

Plots still suck, though.