The Nicktoon Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Another thing I love about Beavers is the show's music. Someone who worked on the show must've loved Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass.

I also love how certain episodes had well done sound-a-likes underscored. I remember an episode having a Jimmy Hart version of "Meglio Stasera" (the song from the first Pink Panther that was sung in both Italian and English and underscored through the film) while they were in a ski lodge. Not that The Pink Panther is obscure at any rate, but it's a pretty specific reference.

And as I said earlier, I was impressed they referenced Cat in the Hat as a TV special, rather than just the book, like Animaniacs did.

According to the Nick on CBS Wikipedia (not my favorite source) article, CBS occasionally aired one-off 'special presentations' of some of Nick's er... more popular shows. I know that a few SpongeBob and Rugrats TV specials made their way onto CBS, but I don't think the other listed programs ever did. And I'm 99.99% sure Kenan and Kel was never part of the block.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickelodeon_on_CBS

I don't recall or remember any Spongebob episodes airing or even being advertised. The only for sure time I've seen Spongebob on CBS is a few years back when they aired a heavily edited A Spongebob Christmas where they removed all the Patchy the Pirate wrap-arounds.

Kenan and Kel, sufficed to say, wasn't.

Off topic, I'm glad CBS was able to go back to exclusive programming once the Nick Jr. license ran out. Then again, they didn't have anything really good when they did. Sushi Pack was okay, but Executive Meddling ruined it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Rocko! Rocko! Rocko! Rocko! Rocko! Rocko! Rocko! Rocko!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The older I get the more I feel Rocko was a better show overall than Ren and Stimpy. And yeah, to be fair, that's because of the ever weakening quality of the Games Animation episodes. If it were purely the original season 1 and 2 John K Spumco episodes, it'd be more or less neck and neck.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The first three seasons of Rocko were go but, season 4 was a meh season.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I disagree somewhat, I felt like Rocko got better with age. Certainly, the production values and animation quality greatly improved in the last season. Then again, there's never really a dull moment with Rocko.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I disagree somewhat, I felt like Rocko got better with age. Certainly, the production values and animation quality greatly improved in the last season. Then again, there's never really a dull moment with Rocko.
yeah I agree there but. they didn't have as much adult jokes as before.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think by that point Joe had pretty much left the show in the hands of his writing staff - in fact, I seem to recall him once saying in an interview that had Rocko continued for further seasons that he would have completely walked away from the show and let it continue on its own without his involvement.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I think the last season of Rocko's Modern Life was the best one.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Why is FOP still on they basically overstay there welcome and jump the shark and missed when then girl came on.

Drtooth

Reaction score
yeah I agree there but. they didn't have as much adult jokes as before.
Considering they were caught numerous times when they did, I'd imagine they'd have Nick go over the show with a fine tooth comb. I mean, sex hotlines jokes, sex hotel references, the whole "berry" picking scene? I'm surprised they didn't catch that before the episodes went out.

Why is FOP still on they basically overstay there welcome and jump the shark and missed when then girl came on.
My problem with FOP is that the writers are stuck in a rut and just write the same episode over and over with the same characters over and over the past couple seasons. Like I said, there's a wealth of one time characters that should be brought back to make the show a little more intense. They certainly can write more episodes where the stakes for Timmy are high, but they prefer to just have Crocker do something stupid that Timmy can easily wriggle out of. And that's if they use Crocker as an antagonist at all.

Though I would say the Fairy School episodes would make a good miniseries spinoff.