The new What Made You Smile Today thread

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I just opened up some early birthday presents from my parents - a Zootopia card that plays "Try Everything", peanut butter M&Ms (yum), and some McFarlane Toys Steven Universe figures!
Can I have some? I love candy myself.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I had peanut butter toast this morning and it was so good! Cinnamon goes great with the toast also.
I used to eat cinnamon sugar toast all the time when I was little. It was pretty good. I haven't eaten it in a long time, though.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
These funny people who take popular songs and make Christian parodies of them. I know that the term "Christian parodies" sounds blasphemous, but it's quite apparent that they mean well and are done in a respectful manner. These people are VERY clever with wordplay and if you know the original song, it kind of has a "Weird Al effect" to it, where you may associate the official song with the parody version every time you hear it. Heck, even Weird Al himself said that these people were really funny and creative and you know what, I completely agree with him. Maybe, good old Al isn't that weird after all lol jk.
This is my favorite one of their songs. I'm a huge John Mellencamp fan so anytime I'll come across the rare Mellencamp reference, that'll automatically grab my attention. Plus, whoever impersonated his voice in this song totally nailed him, okay maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration but he does sound a lot like the real John Mellencamp in my opinion. Let me put it this way:if I randomly stumbled upon this song on the radio, I would've automatically known who they were supposed to be parodying :smile:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I decided to step in and write a couple of episodes for one of the annual "Halloween specials" on HTF Fanon wiki. Every year (well, until next year that is. It's a long story and I don't want to get to it). But anyway, every year in October a few writers will write a few Halloween-themed HTF episodes and put them in a fanfic catalog known as the Specy Spooktacular. It's kind of like The Simpsons Halloween specials, but with a little more relevance to the rest of the series (the events from the Halloween episodes will sometimes be referenced in our regular fanfictions, whereas The Simpsons ones have been proven to have no canon whatsoever). From parodies of horror films to more lighthearted Peanuts-style Halloween themed episodes to bizarre original ideas, we've basically covered everything when it comes to horror, weirdness, and Halloween in general with these short fanfictions. Well, this year I thought I might contribute two of my own ideas and personally, I really like how they turned out.
They are about the following things:
-A bear named Seth turns into a werewolf and rampages around town
-Giggles becomes a test subject of several unusual science experiments

Here are the episodes if your looking for a fun fanfiction to read that isn't about anime, Undertale, or ponies.

Please note that while these stories aren't scary per say, the comedic violence may be a bit much for younger and or sensitive people. But I would say that they are slightly tamer than the show though, because you aren't actually seeing it happen. Also note that I have no hatred towards any of these characters and killing them off is simply for comedic effect. Which makes sense when you think of all the crap I put my poor little Giggles through in the second story lol

http://happytreefanon.wikia.com/wiki/Giggles_the_Guinea_Pig
http://happytreefanon.wikia.com/wiki/An_American_Werewolf_in_Happy_Tree_Town

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I'm sure you all saw this coming but:the Robot Chicken Walking Dead episode put a HUGE smile on my face :smile:. It was soooooo inappropriate and most of the time very juvenile but also very funny, just like I would expect. For example, one extremely twisted scene involved Glenn (a character that The Walking Dead killed off last season, which was one of the most controversial scenes in the history of the show) coming back home with a huge gash on his head. The character got smashed with a baseball bat and Robot Chicken basically showed what would happen if he were still alive and it was just as offensively funny as it sounds. But I don't really think it's offensive due to the fact that they were talking that way about a made up person not a real one. If they had done that about a real person's death or injury on the other hand, I may have felt a bit uncomfortable (that's why it kind of makes me cringe whenever they talk about Anne Frank in a sarcastic way, make fun of Stephen Hawking or show Jesus on the cross). There was also an unexpected cameo by freaking Snoopy of all characters and while I'm not entirely sure because I never watched the show, I'm pretty sure they put the guys from The Dukes of Hazzard in there too. I definitely laughed just as much as I did with the average episode of the show and it only made me more hyped for the 9th season. Unfortunately, I have no idea when it will premiere but from what I've heard:It's going to be really funny and loaded with 90s references. It's about time they moved on from He-Man to Rugrats lol

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It's one of the few modern Robot Chicken episodes I enjoyed.

The skit with Glenn trying to "find" Maggie was pretty funny.