The new What Made You Smile Today thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
This is possibly the silliest TV skit since Monty Python got cancelled but yet I can't get this clip out of my head. I always nearly bust a gut laughing whenever I think about/see this one. This is an example of how sometimes it's the simple, short clips from Robot Chicken that stick with you:
Considering I'm a Happy Tree Friends fan, it's no surprise that I often get a kick out of their darker skits but sometimes it's the upbeat, wacky ones like this that get me going. This shows reminds me of Monty Python in a way because of how they have just the right mixture of dark, disturbing skits and silly, innocent ones. I think it's important to appeal to everyone with your work.....especially if it's random stuff like this. HTF fans and bad pun lovers alike can get a kick out of this show and considering I'm a fan of both, I can definitely see why this is popular, :smile:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
This is another one of my favorite RC skits in recent memory. Again, this one proves that even Seth Green knows that not everything that has to be gross to be funny:
I'm never really played the PaRappa games, but honestly:I don't think you have to be a hardcore fan of the character to understand the cleverness behind this skit. Really, I'd say that all you have to know is that he's a video game character and the rest of it speaks for itself. This is definitely one of their most obscure references that is easier for the average audience to comprehend. This show is a good reminder that even obscure (sometimes seemingly forgotten) things are still loved enough to have comedy skits written about them, :stick_out_tongue:. The only time I thought they went a little TOO obscure however, was when they parodied a New York local access show called The Magical Garden. I personally find that to be a bit unfair, because anybody who lives around my area in the country wouldn't understand it due to it's status of being a local access show.

Last edited:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding smug, I now no longer feel so jealous of others here who have either gotten to meet some of these people, or got to attend special events and such.

As I said, I swore I'd never attend a con, but for this I will gladly make an exception: Caroll, Roscoe Orman, Bob McGrath, Alan Muroaka, and Allison Barlett will be there. I know Caroll usually brings Oscar to cons, I hope this will be the case as well.

Right now, I just wish I knew when, exactly, the SST panels are supposed to be, because otherwise, the entire con lasts a whole eight hours on certain days, and I really only want to see this specifically.
If you go there, please ask Alison if she and Lorretta will participate in the 50th anniversary celebrations.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Got my 200 to take care of the house while my folks are away for Vaca.

Least I got some time to myself. :stick_out_tongue:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Went into a department store that still has a candy counter.
Years ago, it used to be a staple in Sears, Penney's, Macy's (back in the 70's, New Jersey locations were called Bamberger's) usually next to the record department (ask your parents or grandparents about that).
Glass cases filled with chocolates that you buy by the pound. Pick a few out, they weigh them on the scale, put them in your bag, off you go.
The stuff ain't cheap, but some of it you can't find anywhere else.
Once upon a time, candy counters were the only place you could buy Swedish fish.
1/4 pound of sugar-free dark chocolate coconut truffles were enough for me.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The trailer for that new Orville show by Seth MacFarlane. I'm not a Trekkie (I personally prefer Star Wars), but even I thought it looked really funny.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Last night's Robot Chicken rerun featured a parody of the Jim Henson show, Dinosaurs. It's quite obvious that someone on the writing team is a huge Muppet and Jim Henson fan. Considering how excited he was when he got the opportunity to be on Sesame Street, the one writing all these Muppet skits is probably Seth Green. Trust me, I'd be geeking out just as hard if they asked me to be on Sesame Street. That would probably be the most exciting thing for anyone who religiously watched SS as a kid like me and apparently Seth Green, :big_grin:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Last night's Robot Chicken rerun featured a parody of the Jim Henson show, Dinosaurs. It's quite obvious that someone on the writing team is a huge Muppet and Jim Henson fan. Considering how excited he was when he got the opportunity to be on Sesame Street, the one writing all these Muppet skits is probably Seth Green. Trust me, I'd be geeking out just as hard if they asked me to be on Sesame Street. That would probably be the most exciting thing for anyone who religiously watched SS as a kid like me and apparently Seth Green, :big_grin:.
Speaking of which, that was only one of many Muppet parodies I've seen on the show in the past few weeks. It's awesome to think of how many episodes talk about or in most cases have a full on parody of Henson material, the writers have good taste in media, I can tell you that. :stick_out_tongue:. Back when I wasn't an avid watcher of the show, I'd sometimes stumble upon it while I was flipping through the channels. I'd normally just skip past it (most of the ones I'd come across were about Smurfs, Care Bears, and other stuff from before my time) but whenever I happened upon a Muppet skit, I'd always stop to watch them despite me only becoming a huge Robot Chicken fan fairly recently.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
My parents are out of town for the weekend (going to San Francisco for a 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love tour), and I'm moving back home to baby-sit their kittens!