The new What Made You Smile Today thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I spent some time today working on memorizing "Yakko's World" from Animaniacs, and now can recite it without reading the lyrics!

Now what to work on is hitting the right notes. :big_grin:
I tried memorizing Alphabet Aerobics by Blackolicious not too long ago. Now, normally i'm not that into rap, but I just thought it would be impressive if I could remember the lyrics to such a complicated song.

I soon gave up. :stick_out_tongue:

Schfifty

Reaction score
I tried memorizing Alphabet Aerobics by Blackolicious not too long ago. Now, normally i'm not that into rap, but I just thought it would be impressive if I could remember the lyrics to such a complicated song.

I soon gave up. :stick_out_tongue:
Don't give up! It should be a life goal to try to memorize a complicated and witty song. :wink:

Speaking of rap, though, I once tried to memorize "Rapper's Delight" from the Sugarhill Gang since it's a hip hop classic, but it's so long of a track.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Payday's coming Friday for me, which is great because I'm very happy with the money I'm making. I've also got my own checking account, so that means I'm finally financially independent! :smile:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Got to visit my friend David today. He's in the same state of mind I was in two years ago: injured on the job, can't work, can't drive, therapy coming up, relying on others to help out, going back to work seems like such a long way off. At least he only has to wait four months. Took me a year.

Still, brought dinner over, and made him laugh. Made him feel better about things. Made him want to come to church tomorrow.

I've been in his shoes so I know how he feels. When I was laid up, it was fantastic having company over. It truly is a blessing to do for others, what others have done for me.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Tonight's a cool night down in the 60's, I can sleep without the fan on. For the summertime around here, that's almost unheard-of.

A good night's sleep ahead. That's worth its weight in gold.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I sleep with the fan on no matter what time of year it is: I can't sleep in dead silence, or without some air blowing in my face, I gotta have some white noise to detinate the silence.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I made my first appearance in my village adult cricket team. We lost but I really enjoyed it. Ran like crazy but hopefully first of many

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Pepperoni pizza washed down with a diet Dr. Pepper. Can't beat it.
So nice to have a great pizza place within sight of your house.

Drtooth mentioned once, and I agree, the mom-and-pop pizza places beat the crap out of the chains. Around here,

Papa John's is decent.
Domino's- meh.
Pizza Hut used to be so much better, a lot of them closing now.
Little Caesar's isn't worth mentioning.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Jet's is pretty good, but I think they're a more obscure chain.