The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
You're lucky, i've never seen a Steven Universe toy in person at all.

Well, I guess it was time. The show's coming up on it's ninth season this fall, which is pretty impressive. But, it's all about raising kids, but now the youngest kid (who was in third grade in season 1) is graduating high school soon, so it makes sense to end it there.
I wouldn't call it a cancellation so much as an end. The show has long since ran its course, and it will be given proper closure. As long as ABC doesn't get stupid and see the high ratings it might get as a demand for a renewal that would screw with the high-note ending, as they did with Scrubs.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
1. My mom finally had herself admitted to the hospital, which we can't afford, but she's fed up with her primary doctor not doing anything to further help her, and she's almost non-functional.

2. Trump is threatening a government shut down if nobody will fund and build his wall.

3. Taylor S#!+ is coming out with another new album.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
1. My mom finally had herself admitted to the hospital, which we can't afford, but she's fed up with her primary doctor not doing anything to further help her, and she's almost non-functional.
Sorry to hear this man. Hope she gets better.

2. Trump is threatening a government shut down if nobody will fund and build his wall.
Christ.

3. Taylor S#!+ is coming out with another new album.
Now come on, what's wrong with Swift? :wink:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Still, anyone who says Blank Space is crap, please see me after class.
I love that song! It's probably the only Taylor Swift song I enjoy listening to. Although, I think it's worth listening to entire albums before making judgements about an artist.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Probably the fact that her songs all sound the same (lyrically).
All of her songs are the same, because she just repeats herself every single time she does new songs: she hooks up with a new boy, they break up, she does a song about what a loser he is, repeat. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

She was narcissistic before Trump ever made it a thing.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
All of her songs are the same, because she just repeats herself every single time she does new songs: she hooks up with a new boy, they break up, she does a song about what a loser he is, repeat. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

She was narcissistic before Trump ever made it a thing.
To be fair though, she is still young, and she was even younger when she wrote most of those breakup songs. We all learn things at our own pace, so i'm gonna give her and Justin Bieber the benefit of the doubt for their past screw ups.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
i'm gonna give her and Justin Bieber the benefit of the doubt for their past screw ups.
Bieber's just a punk, he never changes. Even Canada doesn't want anything to do with him.

But as far as Taylor goes, I'm less concerned about her learning from past mistakes (which she never seems to), than I am for the guys she hooks up with, because I mean really, they know her cycle, they know how the relationships end up, why do new guys willingly go into a relationship with her knowing full well what the pattern is? Being with Taylor virtually ruined Tom Hiddleston's budding movie career - he was being considered for the new James Bond. Not anymore. I'm sure he's the subject of her next album.

Though, to be fair, most of her exes have summed up why relationships with her sour: apparently she's very clingy and very smothering, yet she won't have sex.

Still, even if it's just an ordinary, garden-variety, everyday girl next door, if she had as many exes as Taylor does, I don't think I would want to pursue somebody like that - that should be an immediate red flag.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
You're lucky, i've never seen a Steven Universe toy in person at all.

Well, I guess it was time. The show's coming up on it's ninth season this fall, which is pretty impressive. But, it's all about raising kids, but now the youngest kid (who was in third grade in season 1) is graduating high school soon, so it makes sense to end it there.
It makes a lot of sense, but I'll still miss the show.