The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Crushes can fade, even romance (so big in the beginning) can fade, but true love lasts longer.

A big part of it is commitment. Relationships, even married life is not all stardust and moonlight. Sometimes the reality hits when two people living together have to deal with such mundane stuff as bills, raising kids, sometimes moving, switching jobs, all that fun stuff.

A lot of people try things out, like "playing house" to see if they can put up with each other. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Sometimes best friends move in together, and in a short time end up hating each other. Commitment means sharing everything, from dreams to dirty socks.

Love is a wonderful thing. To love one another, the feeling of being in love, and two hearts coming together. I'm blessed it happened to me, but it can get rough sometimes. Being in a relationship can be a challenge for some, because you have to start thinking, instead of "What's best for me" to "What's best for US".
Commitment, sacrifice, it can get rough sometimes. I'd be lying if I said my wife and I didn't have a few disagreements over the years.

And sometimes the people you love the most, can also make you the angriest.
That's where patience comes in. And tenderness. And remembering why you were together in the first place. We've been married almost 17 years, known each other 22, and we're still figuring things out.

It's not always easy, but man, it is so worth it.
Ah, you're such a cheesy old man sometimes. You know that? lol.
But seriously, the thought of dating kind of terrifies me. I mean, hours of sitting there having to talk to someone, it's definitely scary. I usually have a hard time talking to people unless i've known them for a long time and feel really, really comfortable with them. Like, my father and I have a hard time talking to each other, and we live in the same house!

But still, I often wonder what sort of person i'll marry. I hope who ever it is she's at least a little bit of a nerd. I can't imagine being with someone that's not nerdy. And than we'll have little nerd children, and nerdy grandchildren. And we'll infest the world with little Doctor Who/Muppet fans, MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As unrealistic as this sounds, I've never had any interest in dating anyway, mainly because I can't see myself as the kind of guy who hooks up with a girl, eventually breaks up, hooks up with another girl, eventually break up, and so on and so forth in a continuous cycle (the idea of "crazed ex girlfriends" isn't exactly appealing either). The way I feel about it, if there's a girl for me out there, I'd just as soon she be brought into my life, and that's the only girl I ever have to concern myself with.

Again, I know that's incredibly unrealistic, but that's just how I feel about it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Warm weather appears to officially be beginning today.

I know it's that time of year and there's nothing to do about it, but I was really hoping the forecast from earlier this week was true and it would have held off just one more day.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My dad. I really wish that something bad would happen to him so I would not have to deal with him right now.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That's not exactly the thing to be wishing for. That's the kind of attitude that can keep good things from happening to you.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My parents want me to get exercise because apparently I don't get enough of it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm sick.

And what a weird time of year to get sick too.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm sick.

And what a weird time of year to get sick too.
I'm sorry to hear that- I was sick last week. Funny, because, I hadn't been sick for like two years before that. I never realize how much I enjoy going outside or doing whatever I want until I can't do it anymore. But, I guess that's the good part of being sick, it makes you a bit more grateful for the days that you're healthy :smirk:.

stay well rested, drink lots of water, eat fruits and veggies, don't eat lead paint or the yellow snow- Feel better soon!