The New New Quote Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
ALFALFA: Uh, hi Bu--
BUTCH: Shut up! When's the last time we beat you up?
ALFALFA: Let's see, today's the 10th. 30 days hath September, April, June, and November. It's not a leap year. (Pause) Yeeesterday.
BUTCH: You're due.
ALFALFA: (Points up) Look!
Butch and Woim turn to look while Alfalfa takes off running.
WOIM: I don't see nothin'.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The MuppetCast discusses how SW thinks kids wouldn't sit through old Sesame cause it's not fast paced.
Steve Swanson: Ms. Parente and the SW gang know their jobs and their work much better than I do, but my comment is this: A 3-year old growing up is still a 3-year old growing up. It doesn't matter if they're in 1970, 1990, or 2015. If I'm a young child, I don't know what pop culture is. I don't know that there are old SS pieces and new SS pieces. It's just Sesame Street. So, you as an entertainment company, you can certainly train me on how to have a shorter attention span, by showing me things that are quick-cut, and fast edits, and punchlines without setups to jokes. You can train me to want that, but I don't inherently want anything. I'm just a kid who wants to watch something that's fun.
JD Hansel: You make a good point, but the one issue there is that with SS, they're not the only program out there now that's trying to get the kids attention. And they're not the only program out there that's going to teach kids what pop culture is. To some extent they do, because kids are going to get some rough idea of what Jurassic Park is, from SS as we've seen through the parodies. However, if they're competing with all the stuff that's on Disney Junior as it's now called, and on Nick Jr, and all the different children's networks and TV shows, and also all the web content that there is for children, there's just so much there and everything else is at a fast pace, then SS just isn't in the same position it was before to say here's what good TV looks like. To some extent, they have to find their own spin on or their own version of what is out there in the rest of the media. They have to adapt, purely because of the massive amount of content that there is everywhere. And also just because, even if you are in some frighteningly sheltered home that doesn't have TV or anything of the sort when you're growing up as a child, you will still see lots of fast-paced stuff around you, in a way that we didn't see say 20, 30 years ago. And so because of that, I think that there are just so many influences that are training the child to expect a faster pace, that SS is not entirely at liberty to say here's a better pace for you, there's a lot of good content here as well.

Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Ed - heavy ink I think
Double D - That's not good
Eddy - My Bed
Ed - but it's too early for bed

D'Snowth

Reaction score
DARRIN: Sam, if you're looking for an argument, I'm too tired.
SAMANTHA: Pardon?
DARRIN: I'll admit I went a little overboard about the pancakes this morning, but that's still no reason to rub my nose in it!
SAMANTHA: In the pancakes?
DARRIN: No, in your witchcraft!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
But I wasn't there! I wasn't included! Maybe it's my own fault for staying in and having a book-sort-cation when I could have been making jokes and memories and having a great time with my friends! But I didn't do that, did I?! You all did! You were all there but—! I wasn't there. I missed out.

-- Twilight Sparkle, My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic, Season 5 Episode 22, What About Discord

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Harvey: So, I've been in prison for five years, and it was all a practical joke? And... I'm not going to be executed?
Sebben: Not on your birthday, silly!

Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Your best get-away from the cops is probably not a Krispy Kream truck." ~ Brad Loekle

cjd874

Reaction score
From Frank Zappa's 1985 concert documentary "Does Humor Belong in Music."

Reporter: You're against drugs, so why do you smoke cigarettes?
Frank Zappa: Well to me, a cigarette is food.

Reporter: Does humor belong in music?
FZ: I think so! It belongs in everyday life...unless the Republicans want to take it away!

Reporter: The public---and your fans---don't know how to take you, either as a genius or someone's who's a bit risqué. How would you prefer it?
FZ: Well, what's wrong with being risqué? I think that what I do is wonderful and doesn't hurt anybody, and people like to have a good time. And we're here to entertain them, so what's the difference?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"And to think William Shakespear took a lifetime on something you could butcher in seconds" ~ Astor Clements