The New Movie: The Muppets

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
"interestingly humorous" sounds like you wouldn't be expecting it to be humorous but it probably would turn out to be after all.:wink:
I hope the new movie can maintain a good balance between the classic Muppets and newer Muppets- Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Scooter, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Janice, Floyd, Zoot, Animal, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, The Swedish Chef, Sam and Statler and Waldorf should all be in there- and I feel pretty sure they all will be. It's great to hear Uncle Deadly will be in the mix and I'd love to see various other characters make appearances- Robin, Sweetums, Rizzo, Lips, Crazy Harry, Pops, Lew Zealand, Marvin Suggs and the Muppaphones, Bobby Benson and the babies, Boppity, Gloat, Gorgon Heap, Big Mama, Timmy Monster, Beautiful Day Monster, The Mutations, Betsy Bird, Nigel, Wayne & Wanda, Annie Sue, Hilda, Brewster, Gaffer, Zelda Rose, Droop, Mahna Mahna and the Snowths, Koozebanians, Frackles, Thog, Thig, Shakey Sanchez, and any other monster or recurring character I forgot. And penguins of course!:zany:

From the Muppets Tonight crew, I'd love to see: Johnny Fiama, Sal, Dr. Phil Van Neuter and his assistant, Pepe, Bobo, Seymour, Andy and Randy Pig, Mr. Poodlepants, Bill the Bubble Guy, Carl, Nigel and Clifford. And hey- why not throw in Digit, Leon and Vicky while you're at it?

(Okay- so all these characters probably wouldn't make it in there- but I'm just saying I'd love to see all these characters show up- even if just in background speechless cameos.)
In any case, I'm sure it'll be great and I look forward to it!:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Dr. Phil Van Neuter and his assistant...
That assistant is actually Mulch from the classic Muppet Show as seen in the Debbie Harry episode. You don't get more classic era-Muppet than that, but MT is what made him stand out. :super:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Thanks, man- I couldn't remember the name- but yeah, I knew Mulch had first appeared on The Muppet Show before transitioning to Muppets Tonight- and it'd be great to see him in the movie, definitely.
But honestly- does Dr. Phil Van Neuter and Mulch kinda wind up competing with Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker for the mad scientist/loyal sidekick routine?:confused::eek:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I hope the new movie can maintain a good balance between the classic Muppets and newer Muppets- Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Scooter, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Janice, Floyd, Zoot, Animal, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, The Swedish Chef, Sam and Statler and Waldorf should all be in there- and I feel pretty sure they all will be. It's great to hear Uncle Deadly will be in the mix and I'd love to see various other characters make appearances- Robin, Sweetums, Rizzo, Lips, Crazy Harry, Pops, Lew Zealand, Marvin Suggs and the Muppaphones, Bobby Benson and the babies, Boppity, Gloat, Gorgon Heap, Big Mama, Timmy Monster, Beautiful Day Monster, The Mutations, Betsy Bird, Nigel, Wayne & Wanda, Annie Sue, Hilda, Brewster, Gaffer, Zelda Rose, Droop, Mahna Mahna and the Snowths, Koozebanians, Frackles, Thog, Thig, Shakey Sanchez, and any other monster or recurring character I forgot. And penguins of course!:zany:
Don't forget about Lenny the Lizard, Baskerville, Muppy, Rover Joe, T.R. the Rooster, Catgut, Foo Foo, Miss Kitty, Luncheon Counter Monster, the Scoffs, Whaddayasay Bird, Ohboy Bird, Forcryingoutloud Bird, Ohreally Bird, Youknow Bird, Righton Bird, the Black Rooster, Miss Mousey, Leo, Grump, Doglion, George, Mildred...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Obscure characters are great and all... but I really want to see a good balance. Background characters are for being in the background. I'd REALLY like to see Link Hogthrob and Dr. Strangepork actually have lines. They didn't have a line in any of the movies. Why, Link's biggest theatrical role was the Gong hammerer in MTI. Even if they just run and say one word.

Mupp

Reaction score
Why, Link's biggest theatrical role was the Gong hammerer in MTI. Even if they just run and say one word.
Yup!

I agree, I'd really love to hear Link and Strangepork.

I realize that they would both sound slightly different today, but that doesn't matter to me, as long as the voices are close.

MeepMeepBork

Reaction score
I want to know if Paul Williams will have any part in this. Paul Williams and the Muppets are a match made in heaven.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Yup!

I agree, I'd really love to hear Link and Strangepork.

I realize that they would both sound slightly different today, but that doesn't matter to me, as long as the voices are close.
I think the go-to guys to revive Link and Strangepork would probably be Bill and Matt, respectively, but that's just a hunch based on the other characters they've inherited.

Let's take up a chant!

WE WANT LINK AND STRANGEPORK! WE WANT LINK AND STRANGEPORK!

I want to know if Paul Williams will have any part in this. Paul Williams and the Muppets are a match made in heaven.
A new Muppet movie WITH songs by Paul Williams?

If that actually did happen...our poor heads would probably explode from terrific news overload. :crazy:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I think the go-to guys to revive Link and Strangepork would probably be Bill and Matt, respectively, but that's just a hunch based on the other characters they've inherited.
While not an official recast, Link has been played a few times by Steve Whitmire. He does a very good job of it, too.