1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The New Movie: The Muppets

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Psammeadboi, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Gorgon Heap Active Member

Bobo was his sidekick in the original draft. With Jerry retired, I wonder who'll perform him. (And who knew Bobin was more of a Muppet freak than Segel? Segel seemed to rival even US!)

You wouldn't happen to have a link to that photo? Last photos I saw were of the adorable Amy Adams in her small-town look and her 'wardrobe malfunction' day.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  2. dwmckim Well-Known Member

3. tymardis1 New Member

I don't like how disney just sat aside the muppets then suddenly all the muppets are coming back. I think it's good they brought the muppets back, but I wish they would have never sat the muppets aside, and tried life television.
  4. Gorgon Heap Active Member

Thanks, DW! You just made my day, possibly my year!

Anyone seen which other monsters have been rebuilt? (Or where to find the interview with Cooper in which he mentions Uncle Deadly?)

5. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

MORE NEWS JUST IN!

There will be a new Pixar short film in front of The Muppets in theaters featuring the Toy Story characters. Use that information any way you want. Finally, a short playing before a movie I want to see! :)

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118032477?refCatId=13
  6. beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

Yay! Toy Story! Muppets! Short! Film! Front! Theaters! Some good words that are good when put together in a paragraph!
  7. ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

*Falls to the floor in a dead faint*

Rat: (Half-heartedly) Medic.
  8. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wonder if the Toy Story short will include any Muppet toys. It'd be cool if some of the Palisades Toys were included (of course back when Palisades was producing Muppet toys I thought it'd be cool to see them in Toy Story 3... But I wonder if the time has past for such a reference).

With the characters Gary, Mary, and Walter being Muppet fans, I wonder if Gary or Mary will be more conserative as fans, or less of fans than the others. Somehow I could see Mary only liking the Muppets because Gary does, or perhaps Gary not being as big a Muppet fan as he used to be, only going along with the plan to reunite them because of his friendship with Walter. And I noticed that the plot summary at Muppet Wiki referred to Walter as "the world's biggest Muppet fan", with Gary and Mary referred to as his friends... So it'll be interesting to see if Gary or Mary aren't really the Muppet fans they seem to be made out to be.
  9. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I doubt it. This is a series of Toy Story shorts and isn't really connected to the Muppet movie in anyway. There's another Toy Story short coming out with Cars 2 in June and then the rest will probably be shown on Disney Channel or something.

That said, this is the first time a Pixar short has been teamed with a live-action feature. On a non-Muppet related note this could be a sign of more shorts before movies if the Lamp has more of these film-based shorts coming.
  10. SeanC Member

As a big fan of the full-bodied Muppets, I'm absolutely delighted that Thog has been rebuilt. Couldn't stop smiling for ages after I saw the photos. He looks a bit taller and maybe a bit thinner than he used to, although I'll wait until I actually see the movie to call judgement. Now, if only Doglion and Fletcherbird would appear too... then I might just start weeping in joy.
  11. Duke Remington Active Member

I wonder if Matt Vogel will perform Uncle Deadly, since Vogel is now already performing a lot of Jerry's characters.

Either that or maybe Jerry will loop Deadly's voice (if he can still do it, that is).

Either way, we probably won't know until the release date gets closer.
  12. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Matt Vogel is doing Uncle Deadly, yes.
  13. Drtooth Well-Known Member

The only licensed character that was not already a famous brand toy in the Toy Story franchise was My neighbor Totoro, and that was an homage from Lassiter to Myazaki.

The only Mickey was on a watch. Suffice to say, if Andy didn't have any Mickey, Goofy, or Winnie the Pooh toys, he probably wouldn't have Kermit or Piggy.
  14. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

On the other hand, he could be the owner of that Kermit T-shirt from that gnome movie, lol. :)
  15. Gorgon Heap Active Member

Amen, brother. Amen.

(Though DogLion was around for "Muppets Tonight". Has he been seen since?)

16. SeanC Member

I don't believe Doglion has been seen since 'Muppets Tonight', so he's been missing for well over a decade. That said, Thog has been missing for three decades, so maybe it's only right that he's the one to return :)
    As for the other full-bodied Muppets... Timmy was last seen in 'The Jim Henson Hour' I believe, Mean Mamma popped up in'The Ghost of Faffner Hall' back in the late 80s, Fletcherbird was last seen on a Royal Variety performance in 1993 and Betsy... well, she's been gone for three decades, just like Thog.
    Much as I'd love to see them all back, I'm 100% grateful that at least we've got Thog.
  17. dwmckim Well-Known Member

...of course if they shot a sequence that was planned in at least one of the drafts of the script, i think it's safe to say there will be a few other full-size monsters besides Sweetums and Thog!
  18. Muppetzoo New Member

I hope Disney does it right with the mech side of the movie. I think the time is right for the Muppets to be huge again, if the movie is good and funny. GO MUPPETS!;)
  19. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well first off welcome to Muppet Central Muppetzoo! Second off, Here is the latest story from one of the Stars of the new movie, I think that it will set some of your questions at ease a little.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/03/07/the-muppets-rashida-jones

I'm getting more and more exctied about this movie!
  20. bingboingcutie Active Member

Now that made me laugh out loud! Im with beakie: it's people like you, the dedicated fans who know all about the muppets, they would benefit greatly from as writers.