The New Henson.com

jeklnhyd

Reaction score
henson...

I feel the same way. However we all know who created these guys.....maybe something good will come out of it....seems disney has the ability to make nonexistant plushes a reality....sam so far but maybe more like a big dr. teeth in the future....disney does a great job on some of their plushes....

MockMockChef

Reaction score
Where is Kermit and the Gang? I searched the whole new site of the Henson Company and I never found a face of Kermit. But i love the layout of the new Henson site.

Greetings Muppet Now

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since the rights to Kermit and the Classic Muppets are now owned by Disney they are no longer the property of the Henson Company. Therefore, Kermit's image can't be used on the site itself.

WiGgY

Reaction score
How is that stupid on Disney's part? It's smart for them. They own the frog! It's stupid on Henson's part for letting him go like that.

McFraggle

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
How is that stupid on Disney's part? It's smart for them. They own the frog! It's stupid on Henson's part for letting him go like that.
Yep. :big_grin:

Mark Filton

Reaction score
Oh my God, it is horrible. That website is like a dentist's office or something. It is also all in Flash, which is crap, and the fonts are too small.

But the main thing is that Jim Henson information and pictures of him without Kermit the wonderful frog is NOTHING to be feeling good about.

Why even call it "Henson" anymore? Just call it "Stupid Average Company Run By A Bunch Of Mediocre Kids Who Cared So Little For Their Father's Important Work That They Sold It Because They Wanted To Do Other Things."

Please stop trying to put a happy face on the mess. What if things were reversed, and Disney sold the Disney characters to Henson. Why call it "Disney" anymore?

Why?

How can you? Disney, without Mickey and all the others, would just be another crap company making teenage sex comedies with their Touchstone label.

Jim, your wonderful things will live on in our hearts. Your company is dead, and your characters now just prostitutes :cry:

I make this prediction: Don't look for big information about Jim in the new Muppets website :grouchy:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Was there any info on Jim on the old muppet web site? No.

There is nothing your with "teenage sex films". How old are you? That sounded like something a 60 year olf guy would say.

The Henson kids sold the muppets because they had no money and simply did not have the resources to continue. It was either sell them to Disney and condense the company or let it all fall apart. Would you rather have the Hensom Compnay die and have them sell off the muppets right beforet hey close their doors?

Fact is this is the best thing that could happen. Is it the thing we wanted to happen? Maybe not. It was the best course to take at the time though.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
to me the deal worked out good.... Jim wanted the Muppets at Disney, Disney have been wating the Muppets for some time now, Kermit and Co have been away since jim died...ok so thy made a FEW "new" films, made a FEW tv spot and thats it! With Disney there going to live on for ever....NEW Toys, more park stuff, NEW TV and movies, McDonalds stuff......man im getting :excited: abouth this. The thing is... Disney has ALL this money to back the Muppets and ur having a fit about it? man.... :concern: idk what to say to you! Look at the new Muppets.com EVERY one on here can hardly wate to see it and im one of em...

mikebennidict

Reaction score
well what i mean is when something can't be used on a site because of a certain deal. that's kind of unfortunate whether or not the bussiness deal was good or not.