The NEW Epic Muppet Film Trailer Released!

beaker

Reaction score
Well folks...after months of toiling around red herring buyout news, Fox show tid bits...all this time a Muppet film of epic proportions had been in the works right under our noses.

Aint It Cool News, along with Cinescape and IGN have just broke this news with a trailer, and it is simply astonishing.

I guess the JHC were listening all along...this will be the epic Muppet film to end all Muppet films. Where Kermit has to go to the four corners of the globe to shore up support from all JHC related Muppets and creatures...Muppets, Fraggles, Skeksis, etc all coming together in unison to fight a common enemy of mammoth proportions that threatens the very future of Muppetdom. The trailer isnt the greatest quality, but you can tell JHC has found a seamless intergration of advanced puppetry with cgi.

(this might take a few minutes to load on some computers)

New Muppet film trailer

scarecroe

Reaction score
Isn't that a neat bit?

Just so everyone knows, that's a fan creation by Chris Andrese that he originally posted on the old MC board almost 2 years ago now. I wish he'd done a higher quality version, but we've got what we've got.

beaker

Reaction score
First off, your site Back Stage Left is a GREAT addition to the Muppet online resources!

Second, yeah I found that on Scott's new site. Just thought it fit in so well with my running idea for a Muppet film(such a coincidence too! thats why I got a big kick out of it)...along with kind of making a satiracle point. I have no reccollection of
Chris/Gobo posting that on the old MC, but am glad ya found it!
Heh, wish it was in much better Quick Time, but you get the point from it, hehe.

Thirdly, wow...I hadnt checked out archives of the OLD MC in AGES! Man...totally brought back memories. Wow...where did all those old time posters go?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Scott,

Great page !

I downloaded the 'Something for Everyone' song, And noticed that its Jim singing !

I heard Kermit (Jim), Joey Mazzarino or was it Kevin Clash.
Probably Clash seeing as there was that 'Hoots' voice aswell.
And Camille Bonara ?

Ive never heard of this before, can you tell me what its about ?

Thanks

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
I wish he'd done a higher quality version, but we've got what we've got.
He did. It was around 15-17 meg or so if memory serves me correctly. It's a great piece. Chris did a wonderful job on it, capturing his unique style and flare of the Muppets.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Funny! Funny!!!

I definately give it five wows!

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
He did. It was around 15-17 meg or so if memory serves me correctly.
Phil, the 17MB version is the one I have up on my page. The lower quality one he posted was 10MB which I never saved.

He *did* do a wonderful job on it. I especially like his CG Swinetrek and "Mouse Ears" Borg ship.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry about that Scott. Thought you were referring to the small version he put up. Glad you got it though.

Congratulations on your site. I'll have it up on our links page later today.

murgatoad

Reaction score
Well, it had me laughing, but not so much at the execution, but at the premise this "parody" is based on. Jim Henson was hardly mistreated by Eisner. He was simply unable to fully pull the wool over his old buddy's eyes as to the true worth of his company. What fouled the deal was not Eisner's greed, but the greed and cluelessness of Henson's heirs, who had a fatal propensity of believing their own hype.

The truth is, Walt Disney, throughout his career, had more courage, talent and creative integrity in his little finger than Jim Henson had in his whole hand.

Characterizing the Disney logo as a Death Star is a funny image, all right. But the Henson company didn't get boarded and pillaged, it imploded from the incompetence of its own crew. Is it any surprise that Disney has made no move as yet to bid on the wreckage?

All of the above is just my - educated - opinion, you understand...