The New Am I The Only One Thread

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks it's sad that you have to tell people when you're joking before making a joke on a message board because you're afraid people will take you seriously?

Also, am I the only one who thinks parents today don't know what they're doing?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Not at all! It's because parents rely on technology as the kids' "babysitter" and some just SPOIL their kids to the point ANY form of discipline is "child abuse."

Am I the only one who finds it ridiculous that people are saying "Gender and sex are not the same thing" and people get too overly sensitive/offended if you bring up this subject because they go on tumblr too much?

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
That's a new one on me. This is why I don't go to Tumblr! However, sex is both a noun and a verb, so they aren't the same thing if you're thinking of sex as a noun instead of a verb . . . . . . oh brother, I just realized I'm looking into this waaaaayyyy too much!

Am I the only one who thinks there are people who are just a little *too* obsessed with the idea that Bert and Ernie are a romantically involved couple? I mean no offense to anyone when I ask this question, I really don't! I just don't see them as a romantically involved couple, just as best buddies, that's all.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I still never understood that. They're just best friends and nothing more! Heck, I don't know any skits where they've been romantically involved with anyone. They're just puppet's for Christ sake.:rolleyes:

Am I the only one who still collects physical media? DVDs, CDs, Blu-ray's and even VHS tapes. For all I care, I hope I'm gone the day everything is virtual and not physical anymore.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I still never understood that. They're just best friends and nothing more! Heck, I don't know any skits where they've been romantically involved with anyone. They're just puppet's for Christ sake.:rolleyes:

Am I the only one who still collects physical media? DVDs, CDs, Blu-ray's and even VHS tapes. For all I care, I hope I'm gone the day everything is virtual and not physical anymore.
I still have a crapload of DVDs, CDs, etc. I even have some cassettes from the 80's that haven't disintegrated yet.

I still have LPs. Those cumbersome 12 inch discs of slowly-rotating vinyl. Mostly for two reasons. Artwork and autographs. Back in the 60s and 70s, album covers were artistic statements as important as the music inside. (Any Pink Floyd cover. Designed by a small company called Hipgnosis. Each one a classic).
I have a few dozen autographed LPs, some by artists I was lucky enough to open up for. These I will never part with.

Ever try to autograph an MP3?

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I would think it would be awfully hard to autograph an MP3. Maybe they can watermark it for you. (j/k)

Am I the only one who is beginning to feel like it's illegal to have a difference of opinions?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nope. This is exactly how the GOP operates: they basically thrive on conformity, and if you don't agree with their views or ideals, they basically want to kick you out of the country.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Quickly moving away from politics now...

Am I the only one who isn't surprised that the Julie doll was a flop? Compared to Worlds of Wonder's previous success, Teddy Ruxpin, she looked like she would scare the crap out of little girls. Along with the My Buddy doll, Julie was likely the other inspiration for Chucky.

And unlike the commercial above, Julie spoke with a synthesized voice á la the Speak & Spell. At least with Teddy, you had pre-recorded voices on cassettes. And she apparently wasn't very rugged either, as this YouTube video demonstrates.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If we're gonna go the route of dolls that would scare little kids, look no further than Baby Laugh-a-lot: