The New Am I The Only One Thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I had the munchies back in my college days, thanks to those...
herbal cigarettes (thankfully legal in some states now) 8).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That reminds me, has anyone here ever smoked weed? That may seem like an odd question but, a couple months back all my friends told me they had and said it was something everybody had done at least once. I was pretty surprised to say the least, and they all seemed rather surprised that I hadn't. I don't intend to start doing so, but I was just curious.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That reminds me, has anyone besides me ever smoked weed? That may seem like an odd question but, a couple months back all my friends told me they had and said it was something everybody had done at least once. I was pretty surprised to say the least, and they all seemed rather surprised that I hadn't. I don't intend to start doing so, but I was just curious.
Something I look forward to on a Friday night and watching movies. I also sometimes do it for medical purposes like getting a good night's sleep. I try to avoid it for stress and anger because it can really mess with your head when that happens.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I took mac and cheese up a notch. Using elbow mac and real cheese (orange powder does NOT equal cheese) aged cheddar, Gruyere, Fontina (all three melt well), add diced bacon, broccoli, ranch dressing, layer it in a baking pan, crumble Ritz crackers or bread crumbs on top, stick it under a 500 degree broiler for 5 minutes, and presto times 2.

One bite, you'll never look at an orange box again.
I tried using real cheese in mac-n-cheese once . . . and it didn't work. The cheese wouldn't melt, and I ended up with a bowl of chunky, gritty mush.
That reminds me, has anyone here ever smoked weed? That may seem like an odd question but, a couple months back all my friends told me they had and said it was something everybody had done at least once. I was pretty surprised to say the least, and they all seemed rather surprised that I hadn't. I don't intend to start doing so, but I was just curious.
Something I look forward to on a Friday night and watching movies. I also sometimes do it for medical purposes like getting a good night's sleep. I try to avoid it for stress and anger because it can really mess with your head when that happens.
No weed or any kind of those recreational drugs, but similar to LJ, one certain Friday nights if conditions are preferable (below 70 degrees), I like to pop Ambien and let it kick in while watching "Bedtime Stories and Songs" (with a double-feature of Ernie and Bert camping and "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" from "The Best of Ernie and Bert").

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Back on subject,

Am I the only one who honestly prefers English dubs in anime? I just have an issue with the Japanese voices because I feel like they all sound the same.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yes, I smoked my share of weed- and I inhaled.
Part peer pressure, part curiosity, part I'm in college, now's the time to try it. It lasted into my 20's, it was part and parcel of playing in bands that were heavily influenced by the Grateful Dead, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, etc.
Sometimes it was good, other times it made me paranoid. In the back of my mind was always this fear of getting busted, and in the Reagan "Just Say No" years, the consequences could be severe.
So I was able to quit cold turkey, no withdrawals, no lasting addictions. I'm glad I was able to try it, but grateful I was able to walk away from it. For well over 20 years, never touched it again, and I don't miss it.

But even Jerry Nelson and Steve Whitmire rolled and smoked a few fat ones together.
For anyone who is into "Dinosaurs", one episode worth tracking down is " A New Leaf". Robbie Sinclair stoned- that was me!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yes, I smoked my share of weed- and I inhaled.
Part peer pressure, part curiosity, part I'm in college, now's the time to try it. It lasted into my 20's, it was part and parcel of playing in bands that were heavily influenced by the Grateful Dead, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, etc.
Sometimes it was good, other times it made me paranoid. In the back of my mind was always this fear of getting busted, and in the Reagan "Just Say No" years, the consequences could be severe.
So I was able to quit cold turkey, no withdrawals, no lasting addictions. I'm glad I was able to try it, but grateful I was able to walk away from it. For well over 20 years, never touched it again, and I don't miss it.

But even Jerry Nelson and Steve Whitmire rolled and smoked a few fat ones together.
For anyone who is into "Dinosaurs", one episode worth tracking down is " A New Leaf". Robbie Sinclair stoned- that was me!
It's one of those things you also gotta keep an eye out on certain strains as well. Some can make me paranoid, others relax me. It's usually the Indica ones that are relaxing.

It's also good not to abuse it because eventually people get bored of it.