The Music of Sesame Street

BEAR

Reaction score
I wanted to start discussing more the music (new and classic) of Sesame Street. I know that songs have been discussed in other boards and threads, but the discussions there seems to have gone stale or old, or no one has posted in some time. So I am hoping that we can start fresh here.

I am also using this as a way to ask you all a question about a classic musical moment. Do any of you remember a song that Cookie Monster sang with an Anything Muppet kid (I think named Jeffy) about getting a haircut? I have a collection of very old SS tapes that I would listen to ask a little boy. One of them was titled "The Best of Cookie Monster" and it had songs that showcased Cookie. The tape has gotten so old now that I can no longer listen to it. If anyone knows this song, do you know how I can listen to a fresh recording of it or if there is even a video recording of this scene? Thank you so much!
What other Classic or new, lost or forgotten, SS songs do you like? :sing:

That Announcer

Reaction score
I've always been a sucker for "X Marks the Spot" and "Sammy the Snake." "C Is For Cookie" is possibly the catchiest song ever, and "Rubber Duckie" is far overrated.