"The Muppets' Wizard of Oz" Final Ratings.

bknatchbull

Reaction score
Hello,

Fast National ratings for Friday, May 20, 2005.

"Dateline" trumped the Daytme Emmys and the Muppets Friday night to help NBC score a ratings win.

NBC averaged a 6.7 rating/12 share in primetime to lead by a comfortable margin over CBS, 5.4/10. ABC was third at 4.7/9, and FOX took fourth with a 2.7/5. The WB, 2.3/4, edged out UPN, 2.1/4, for fifth.

Among adults 18-49, NBC's 2.7 rating was good for the top spot. ABC finished second in the demographid with a 2.2, beating CBS' 2.1. FOX averaged 1.6, and The WB and UPN tied for fifth at 1.2.

The first half of a two-hour "Dateline," 5.9/12, put NBC on top at 8 p.m. CBS finished second with a prime-time "Dr. Phil" special, 5.2/10. ABC's movie "The Muppets Wizard of Oz" was third, while FOX got a 2.6/5 from its showing of "Shallow Hal." The season finale of "What I Like About You" and a "Reba" repeat averaged 2.0/4 for The WB, just beating "America's Next Top Model" on UPN.

"Dateline" improved to 7.9/14 at 9 p.m. to keep NBC in front. The 32nd annual Daytime Emmys averaged 5.4/9 for CBS. ABC's movie held onto third with a 4.5/8, and FOX stayed in fourth with its flick. The season finale of "Reba," 2.8/5, and another repeat of the show, 2.5/4, were fifth for The WB. UPN aired another hour of "Top Model."

So what you all think? Expected? Disappointed?

Take care!

Brian

MWoO

Reaction score
What did AVMMC get when it aired? I know there were 11 million people, but I don't know what the rating share was.

bknatchbull

Reaction score
AVMMCM Ratings recap.

The Muppets came through for NBC on Friday with a respectable, if not spectacular, showing in the 8-10 p.m. debut of "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie," which looks like it'll be a holiday perennial for the peacock. "Muppet Christmas" brought in 11 million viewers and 3.8/

unclematt

Reaction score
Is this a bad thing? I dont think so. Of course I would have liked for it to have done better but I think a 4.7 is respectable. Honestly, did anyone expect it to win its time slot? I am not disappointed at all. The more exposure the better the ratings will get.

Movies205

Reaction score
Make a crappy movie get mediocre ratings :embarrassed: This is a no-win situation I suppose, if it did well in ratings we'd get more crappy muppet movies but if it did bad we might see none hopefully this will prompt disney richard thatcher and get some good people working on the muppets.

MWoO

Reaction score
So, AVMMC got a 3.8 share? So then MWoO almost went up a whole point.