1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"The Muppets" What were you half expecting

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Gonzo's Hobbit, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I've seen all the discussions about the movie here and thought I'd start this thread about what we were all half expecting.
    What I mean by this is, where there particular scenes were you were thinking something might happened? Even if it did or didn't happen in the end I though it would be fun to talk about.

For example, when they're all trying to get into see Piggy, I was half expecting someone to find a fan so they could all shake their fur like they did in the Muppet Movie.

When Kermit was trying to explain things to Gonzo and Fozzie keeps interjecting, I was half expecting Walter to jump in with a last minute ditch effort "Themuppetstudio'sgonnagettorndownandweneedyourhelptosaveit!" (I would have written somehting longer but I don't want to throw off the board)
    I did like how that scene ended up though.
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Actually I thought the exact same thing, lol.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It's pretty much no secret to everyone here that I was half-expecting a bit more crude, low-brow, cheap-laughs sort of humor from Segel's script (not that I was WANTING to see that, but that's what I was expecting), so I'm glad that didn't turn out that way, I was glad to be proven wrong.

I guess I WASN'T expecting to see so little of certain characters like Pepe (in the trailers, only one scene in the movie) and Rizzo (just a matter of seconds)... likewise, I wasn't expecting to see the names of David Rudman or Matt Vogel during the end titles, in fact from the trailers, I thought Miss Poogy was Drew Massey, as he does a pretty good job at sounding similar to David.
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The thing I was half expecting was in the script but didn't happen on screen... that is Statler and Waldorf over coming their grumpiness to save the day. But in the end, if I half expected it, that meant that it was pretty painfully obvious if it happened. I'm actually quite fine they didn't because A) Statler and Waldorf saved Kermit and Piggy in MTI and B) Oscar confronted the bad guy and saved Sesame Street in the Stars and Streets forever special.

The only other expectation that let me down was the lack of an end of credits gag. Not make or break, but if there was only something like Animal growling "GO HOME! GO HOME!" that would have been a nice note. or even better, Beau coming out at the end with an accordion or something saying, "Okay! Time for my act! uh... where did everyone go?"
  5. Gonzo's Hobbit

Yea, I was looking forward to something like that too.
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  6. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i thought the same thing from the trailers...think i even said it somewhere

i guess the not seeing rizzo surprised me,

i wished they had maybe one or 2 more Muppet telethon skits...mayhem song or more

i dont know i removed myself at one point from all the promo stuff ,videos, clips...i even hesitated the soundtrack so i would be entirely surprised when i saw the movie..and im glad i did since nothing was spoiled for me
  7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I'd have to say that I was hoping Rowlf's current position from the older version of the script would appear, where he works at a Kinko's run by cats. I find that idea hilarious.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  8. Gonzo's Hobbit

Nice comments guys but I was sorta going for were you expecting somethign to go one way or another in the moment of watching it, if that makes sense. Sorry if I'm not writing this the right way. But cool comments thus far either way.
  9. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

I was kind of expecting the Moopets to be a bigger threat. As it was, they were really good at unsettling me and cutting wires.
    miss kermie and Gonzo's Hobbit like this.
  10. Gonzo's Hobbit

I'm with you on that. When I realized that there was more to tham than some Pig trying to take Miss Piggy's place I was thinking mayber there'd be a more dangerous aspect to them. I've noticed that every feature length has someone getting into mortal danger at some point.
  11. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

I forgot, the other terrible thing they did was remind me of that horrendous Family Guy gag.
  12. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

hmmm well in that case...the date i took that one time thought Hobo Joe was going to give the gang his 5 bucks to save the theater

um lets see i wasnt expecting walters bit thought he would do more...i thought the crowd scene during rainbow connection would be bigger

thought the Moopets wouldve done more
  13. Gonzo's Hobbit

Yea, I thought the Rainbow Connection was like the climactic scene. Kinda threw me when they had like 5 minutes left.
  14. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

I was expecting Gonzo and Rizzo to have an awesome reunion. Alas... :(
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  15. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i was expecting a little more of pepe and even give rizzo a scene like pepes but come on
  16. heralde

I really didn't mind that. Pepe's had a lot of attention over the years, it's OK to give the other characters a chance now, lol. Plus the scene they gave him was fine. It was probably one of the first time I actually laughed at something involving him. Sometimes less is more. ;)
  17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

THAT would have been more clever than Statler and Waldorf saving the theater.
    Gonzo's Hobbit and Frogpuppeteer like this.
  18. terrimonster

terrimonster Member

But it would have been way too similar to UHF, where the hobo/homeless guy saves the station.
  19. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

i was expecting scooter to be selling popcorn at some point as he had a scene with popcorn in each of the first 3 movies. one of my favorites being gmcin which he turns to :cluck: and says "popcorn, chicken?". i don't know if popcorn chicken was a term usedthen, but i love that line just the same.
    Duke Remington and heralde like this.
  20. heralde

Yeah I imagine it was, that was the joke. ;)