1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"The Muppets" UK Movie Promotions

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by markit, Jan 10, 2012.

1. markit

markit Active Member

How fantastic, the Disney Store on Bond Street, London has a Big Muppet wall at the back, with keyrings, badges, mugs, bags, notepads, wallet, plush, pyjamas and more, most of it's on the website as well.

Hopefully they'll get more in closer to the films release, but i'm already surprised by the amount they do have, more than they've ever had.
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I picked up some really nice key-rings with a metalic painted Kermit and Miss Piggy. Not overly practical as key-rings (turns out Kermit's collar is quite painful when in mental and in pocket) but I'm planning to attach them to a chain to wear instead.

I'm kicking myself for not picking up Walter and Chef when I was in London, but will check local Disney stores for stuff too.
  3. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

It's out on the 24th not the 21st (sorry).
  4. panmanthe2nd

I haven't got a Disney store near me :(

I'll have to go on a trip to one some point soon, or just go on to their website.
    Thank you Markit!
  5. markit

markit Active Member

I love Walter! That plush is awesome!! Pepe is also a must! And works pretty well to scale with the Master Replicas posers.
  6. Beauregard

Photos!
  7. markit

markit Active Member

Just a couple of quick snaps to show Pepe with the MR posers, ok, so he's maybe a little big :) And of course Walter too, i wasn't sure about the Walter plush at first, but now having seen the movie, this reminds me of the scene where he's screaming constantly for hours after hearing about Tex Richman knocking down the Muppet theatre, so he makes me smile :) And Rizzo unfortunately doesn't look too good with the posers, but not a bad plush, just not great!

I haven't got them displayed properly at the moment unfortunately, in between houses and not yet got a room to display everything, but no way are they going in boxes up in the loft!! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. Beauregard

Oh yes, Pepe looks fantastic with them there! Walter's slightly bent plush mouth totally reminded me of the scream-scene when I saw him at the Disney store, but I love him so much that I'll allow it.
  9. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Kermit and Miss Piggy will be on "The Jonathan Ross Show" (Time - 21:30 to 22:30 (1 hour long). Saturday 28th January. Channel: ITV1). Kermit and Piggy will be joined by Downton Abbey's Hugh Bonneville, comedian Jack Whitehall and the Arctic Monkeys.

Head's up ;)
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  10. markit

markit Active Member

Top man!!! thanks MuppetDanny :) Kermit & Piggy on Jonathan Ross should be great! :) I wonder when they film that, or maybe it's Live ?
  11. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

yay!! i knew this stuff was coming. i can't wait, should be really funny

i hope someone will post it as fast as possible!
  12. Beauregard

Oooh! Excited about that!
  13. panmanthe2nd

I was hoping they would be on The Jonathan Ross Show!!! It'll be great!
    Most of the time it is filmed a few hours before or the day before in some cases.
  14. Really? I always thought they recorded on the Wednesday or Thursday to be screened on Saturday...
  15. Beauregard

Yeah, I think they do actually. Although its possible that they'd do pickups closer to the time with just Jonathan, intros and things?
  16. MuppetDanny

Here's another guest spot:

The Chris Moyles Show
    Time - 06:30 to 10:00 (3 hours and 30 minutes long).
    When - Friday 27th January on BBC Radio One
  17. panmanthe2nd

Oops. Am I thinking of his old show 'Friday night with Jonathan Ross', or was that the same?
  18. MuppetDanny

19. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

20. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

i hope people can put this stuff on youtube, so we can all see it!

i assume then that they will probably be in the uk this week, for the premiere on the 26th. so i hope everyone there is on the lookout for the press appearances in the next few days, talk shows and radio and stuff

it should be easier to get these online than it was to track down the germany and australia ones. it usually is